~2~

Amaris
Over the years I've made a lot of progress with my energy. It started young at around five years old. I had been walking through the woods, and turned around seeing small flowers had followed my tiny footsteps, it only grew from there. It wasn't magic though it was something totally different. I could connect with the earth. I could be a part of it, its energy. I made sure that every few days I tested myself in the field so I could harness and control it, unlike my five year old self. There of course were things I could probably do, but never did, I guess I just didn't want to test my limits too much.
Walking back from the field I remembered the water I forgot last night, this was a good chance to get a run in before my afternoon hunt. For the second time I removed my clothing and shifted into my wolf, it felt good, an even stronger connection to the world around me. Sometimes I thought it might be better if I just stayed a wolf. It'd be easier in the woods alone, but I couldn't bring myself to there was something about my human form that I needed. I took my dress in my mouth and ran back to the river.
Once I got there I set my dress down with the wooded pitcher and decided it made the most sense to come back for it once I was done. There was an area close by that usually held deer that I would go to every few days. The hunt was amazing. There was just something so indescribable about the feeling. I was inches away from my  meal, my paws pounding on the ground, wind rushing past me, it was beautiful, it felt beautiful. Only for a moment, before I heard the sound of a twig snapping. I stopped in my tracks, frozen. I slowly turned around, my eyes wide as I saw what stood in front of me.

Anton
     My pack, my pride. I stood by the training grounds watching my warriors, pleased with the promise they were showing. I turned to my Beta, nodding my approval.
"They look good."
"Thank you Alpha,'' he said nodding back to me. Training was an important part of being in the Crescent Shadow pack. We were strong, I made sure of it, nothing was touching my pack. Not again. I broke from my thoughts as my Beta Vance cleared his throat. "Anton?"
"Yes?"
"It's  getting worse, everyday they test their luck getting closer and closer to the border." He was talking about rogues, they'd always been somewhat of an issue, but in the past weeks it had been amplified. "Double the training, push them." he bobbed his head. "We're strong, but we can be stronger." He bobbed his head again.
"I'll let the Chief know." With that he walked away. I left my position in front of the training arena and back to my office in the pack house needing to sort some paperwork out before I trained myself. People bowed to their Alpha as I walked past them. "Good morning Alpha." echoed from all directions. I finally reached the pack house, Bently standing at the door as always to hold it open for me as I came and went. I gave him a soft smile before walking in.  I stalked up the lengthy staircase and down the hall into my office. I sat down at my desk, and took a minute to myself letting out an audible sigh and rubbing my neck. There was a lot of work to do.
    After hours of paperwork and emails to neighboring packs, I gave myself a small break. I stood up from my desk stretching out my limbs. Maybe I should go for a run, clear my thoughts. My wolf was going a little stir crazy. As I walked to my door to leave, I felt a strong force rattling the windows, looking out I saw a collection of  darkened clouds over the unclaimed forest ground. It was strange, contained to a small area. "What the hell," I spoke out loud.

    I ran out the door and called for my Beta and Gamma. Vance, Monday, get your asses outside the pack house, now. I barked through the mind link. They quickly appeared in front of me.
"Yes Alpha?" Monday asked. She was laced with sweat and had on black training clothes with her dark brown hair tightly placed in a ponytail. She'd just left training I assumed.
"There in the woods," I started, "something strange is going on." They both looked at me a little puzzled.
"Okay..." Vance drawed out. "What is it?"
"I don't know but I need to check it out."
"It's not within pack borders though, why do we care?" I looked at Monday, she was questioning me as an Alpha, and I didn't like it. I think she felt my annoyance and bowed her head as a sign of submission.
" Let's go." They gave each other a look before nodding and following me into the woods by my side.

    I wasn't sure where I was going, I couldn't justify the turns I made with anything but the feeling that I felt in my gut.
"Where are we even going," Vance let out, clearly annoyed. "There's nothing here, it's unclaimed." I let a low growl irrupt from my throat to shut him up.
"There's something out here, I know it." The trees started to think out, and I knew we were close. A few more steps and a clearing was in view. I stayed within the protection of the trees to hide myself from what could be out there. My eyes scanned around the area but I didn't see anything, until I heard Monday's breath hitch.
"Anton," she said using my actual name, pointing to the very far edge of the clearing. My eyes wide at what I saw before me.

The most beautiful wolf I'd ever seen ran after the deer that passed through. The fur was a silver that could almost be confused for a grey, almost. There was a clear separation of the two as the wolf ran, light gleaming off their coat, almost as if it was no wolf at all, but a ball of light in the forest, the eyes were such a pale blue and for a second they were white . I instinctively took a step forward. Grave mistake. I stepped on a nearby branch, and a loud crack echoed. The wolf stopped in its tracks and looked me in my eyes. I bent down so I was at eye level. Feeling a pull from my wolf as I did, I let him through wondering what he wanted, but suddenly I understood. My eyes saucers, at a loss for all words but one. "Mate." I whispered.

Oooooo, things are actually starting up. With a lot of time on my hands I'm going to try and update at the least twice a week, maybe a third every so often depending on my schedule and creative juice. I'm so happy that people are starting to read !! Please comment, vote, and follow!! XOXO - EA🌻

p.s i know my spelling isn't always the best so pleaseeee point out mistakes to me I really love editing and fixing mistakes (just be nice about it <3)