~24~

Hey! Remember that one time I started a Werewolf book and then just never gave any updates for 3 years.... because same. Honestly, I just wasn't feeling writing anymore and I was starting college and doing all the fun college things and honestly forgot about Wattpad as a whole. So I'm sorry I left anyone still reading this hanging. I do not know if I plan on finishing this book. I would like to and after looking over my notes and files I have the entire plot outlined and already had the last 5 chapters written. I put a lot of thought into this and I honestly would hate for only me to know how it ends. This is my new project for the semester. NO PROMISES. But I will try and finish. I will not have an update schedule (I am sorry but life is busy and so I am too.) but if you're still along for the ride... here is chapter 24... 3 years late...

xoxo,

EA

Amaris

We passed over the bodies of sleeping pack members, trying not to wake anyone as we headed towards the stairs that lead up to Anton's floor.

He led the way up to his room, and I followed...nervously. When he opened the door to the room, it looked exactly the same as the last time I was here, a little tidier than last time, almost untouched.

I set my basket of clothes down on the dresser and moved around the room awkwardly trying to figure out what exactly to do.

"I would ask someone to get you some pajamas but they're pretty much all sleeping. I can give you a shirt of mine if that works?" I could tell he was feeling weird about the situation as well which calmed my own nerves in a way.

"Yeah, thank you." He gave me a nod and handed me a large black shirt which was sure to reach my knees.

"The bathroom is through there if you want to shower first, it's been a long day so warm water might do you some good." I nod, taking the shirt into the bathroom with me.

After cleaning off my skin and toweling dry, I throw Anton's shirt over my head and lift it to take in his sent subconsciously. I feel a purr come out of my throat and instantly drop the fabric. Opening the door I see Anton laying casually across his bed reading a book.

"It's all yours," I motion to the bathroom. He nods, setting down the novel and walking into the bathroom. I feel weird getting into his bed while he's not in the room, so I just sit on the bed's end while I wait. I hear the water turn off a few moments later, and quickly after he is opening the door back into the room.

I look up at Anton from my seat on his bed taking in his glistening body before me, freshly showered hair framing his face and only a pair of sweats hanging from his hips. He was truly a stunning person. His eyes catch mine grazing over him and he gives me a small smile.

"I'm sorry you have to stay with me. It's just that all the other rooms are full, and my wolf sure as hell isn't about to let you sleep in the open with a bunch of other men." Hopefully tonight we can get a full night of sleep though." 

"That would be nice." I laugh. Both of us sit for a minute looking incredibly awkward, not knowing what to do next.

Anton clears his throat, "Uh, we c-can get in, over, the uh," he sputters on like a anxious pup, "in bed. We can get in bed and sleep, in bed." He runs both hands over his face.

I nod, containing a small grin. "Yes, I think that would be good."

"Okay, good. Good." As Anton starts to put back the covers, I pull my hair into a knot in the back of my head to stay as cool as possible.

"What's that?" I hear Anton whisper over my shoulder.

"What's what?" Anton lifts his hand grazing a finger over my birthmark behind my ear.

"This, it's beautiful." His voice is breathy, and I can feel it's warmth on the back of my neck.

"It's just a birthmark." I turn to meet his eyes, they stay trained on me for a moment to long before he goes back to looking at my ear.

"It's shaped just like the crescent moon."

"Yeah it is, I always thought it was cool when I was little." He nods listening to one of my embarrassing stories from when I was little, and had found a broken mirror and saw it for the first time. I had convinced myself it meant I was good luck.

"We should sleep, it's been a long night." Anton says as he pulls back the cover more to get settles in.

"Goodnight, Anton."

"Goodnight, Amaris." I fall to my side facing away from Anton as I start to drift off. I feel his arm snake around my waist, and his face nuzzle into my neck a moment later.

"This doesn't feel like a friend thing to do," I whisper. Anton says nothing in return, already snoring lightly into my ear. I decide to let it go knowing its just his wolf wanting to be close to me, and allow sleep to take me over.