34

Nafessa Williams

When I made it back to Toni's room, I saw that I'd missed three calls from Ryan and one from Kelly just in that short amount of time. My face furrowed as I unlocked my phone and called them both on Group FaceTime.

Kelly answered first and she was driving. "Hey, listen. Don't say anything about where I saw you know who."

My face furrowed in confusion but Ryan's face finally appeared on my screen. She looked pissed. "I'm finna kill this nigga Fes."

"Wait what? What happened?"

"He think I'm stupid. That's what happened." Ry was fuming as she walked somewhere in her condo. "Keith ass told me he had to go to work today..."

"Okay?"

"Fessa, I check this mans location because when I woke up this morning his uniform was still in the damn closet. Check his location and this nigga three cities over." She ranted as she flipped the camera suddenly. "You see this? All seven pairs of his uniforms are hanging here!!"

She yelled and my eyes widened as Kelly simply drove in silence. I spoke. "Maybe he meant to say something else."

"Nafessa... do not make me feel crazy right now. I'm not crazy. I know that man and he's lying to me."

"You know how many uniforms that man has. That's pretty crazy to me." Kelly joked causing me to laugh.

Ryan flipped the camera back to her face and we both stopped laughing instantly. "Y'all hoes think I'm playing, huh? Okay."

"Okay?" I asked with worry. "Okay what?"

"Okay I'm about to pick your ass up from Toni's house sleep over cancelled, I got y'all location for a reason, Kelly take your ass home cause I'm on my way to you first. We heading three towns over."

We didn't have a choice and we both knew we didn't but still I objected. "Come on Ry, you know that man wouldn't cheat on you. Plus, I was supposed to be spending the weekend with Toni while Kennedy is at a sleepover."

"Yeah, I'm agreeing with Fes here, he wouldn't cheat Ry. It's Keith we're talking about here and I didn't want to go home right now. I'm avoiding Tim." Kelly tried to ration with her as well.

Ry chuckled sarcastically. "Okay, I see how this about to go. Kelly, when you wanted to go pop up on Janet when she first started touring because you thought she was cheating with her dancer so we had to drive 18 hours upstate, was I complaining then?"

Kel mouth dropped. "Aw come on Ry, that ain't fair."

"Or how about when you met that nigga with all that money before you met Tim and he cheated so you wanted to scam that dumb ass nigga so you made me ask my pregnant cousin for a pregnancy test and ultrasound picture just so his dumb ass could give you 1500 for an abortion, was I complaining then?"

I laughed as Kelly looked at the camera. "Okay! Damn! We said we wouldn't bring that up again, bitch. I'm on my way home. Fuck."

"I don't know why you laughing Nafessa cause I'm on your ass as well. Remember when your adventurous ass went and smoked weed and came back to your house blazed so your mom told you she was gonna drug test you and you made me pee in that damn bottle so you would pass the test? Was I complaining then?"

My smile dropped. "No..."

"Or how about that time you wrecked your car cause you were driving drunk and I had to get Zendaya bum ass to bring me to where you wrecked because you didn't wanna get in trouble so you made me lie to your mom and say I was driving cause you knew I didn't have a license yet, was I complaining then? Or did I just lie and take the heat?"