30

Nafessa Williams

"Ouuu I knew it!" Ryan squealed. "I knew you two would get it popping again! I'm so excited. I'm so happy—."

"Popping? What? No. We kissed and we explained our feelings."

"You mean poured your damn hearts out?" My best-friend corrected me. "You don't just do that Nafessa. You and her are going to get back on the road to dating and then marriage and maybe finally you'll have me a damn niece or nephew to spoil."

I rolled my eyes. "You have one first and then I'll follow. How about that?"

"Man, now you know I'm not trying to have children before marriage."

"Well hurry and get married so you can have children. I'll follow in your footsteps."

Ryan chuckled. "The day Keith decides to propose to me is the day I'll cry myself a river. He's been my husband in my head for years. Just think about the actual title. Ouu. I can't wait."

Little did she know, the wait wouldn't be for long.

I smiled. "I just love you two together. Have you talked to Kelly? She's usually the one on time."

"Nope. Maybe there was traffic."

"Your lie isn't always the reality."

She pushed my shoulder. "Oh whatever."

My phone vibrated and I picked it up to see that Toni was texting me.

Toni
Hey, Kennedy's going to a sleepover for the weekend and I haven't seen you in like three days. I miss you. Can I come over later?

"Ouu must be Toni texting. Look at your little school girl smile." Ryan poked my cheek and I slapped her finger away.

"Stop it." I rolled my eyes playfully as I texted back.

To: Toni
Of course. And I miss you too. Ry and Kel are here right now but they'll be gone before tonight. Just come over whenever you feel like it.

A knock at the door told us that Kelly was here. I went to open the door and my friend stood on the other side looking rough as hell. "Girl what happened to you?"

Kelly walked into my apartment silently and Ryan stood up. "Yo, sis you okay?"

She shook her head as she began pacing. I shut my door and rushed to her side. "What's wrong Kelz? You gotta talk to us."

"I did it."

"You did what?" Ryan asked as she came over to her as well. We stopped her from pacing and laid a comforting hand on her arm.

She hesitated before answering. "I slept with her. We slept together. God, Tim's going to leave me, huh? Why did I sleep with her?"

My eyes widened and when I glanced up to see my best friends reaction, I saw that hers mirrored mines. Ry asked softly. "To be crystal clear here... You slept with Janet?"

Our friend nodded, instantly making Ryan and I take our hands off of her bare skin. Kelly's face furrowed. "Why'd you two do that?"

"Cause you and Janet have nasty ass sex. Don't know what you been doing." Ryan explained as we both headed into the kitchen to wash our hands.

"Oh whatever. Fuck both of you."

I chuckled as I rinsed my hands and then put soap on them. "Sorry sis. Can't risk it. Still, I know you will need a drink. So what do you want?"