10

Nafessa Williams

School. Another day, another few hours wasted on learning nothing. The only thing I looked forward to was seeing Toni during lunch and my acting classes. Everything else was a blur that I wasn't too much ecstatic for.

As I walked to class, someone called my name. "Nafessa.. is it?"

I stopped walking and looked at the girl who was talking to me. "Yeah, and you are?"

"Ryan." She replied as she sent me a smile.

"Oh yeah, we take Physics together right?"

"Yeah we do and Theatre. This my girl, Zendaya." She motioned towards another girl I hadn't seen before.

"Hi

"Hi." She spoke softly.

"Hey. I'm Nafessa. Nice to meet you."

"Likewise."

I adjusted my backpack as Ryan began telling me. "We actually wanted to know if you'd want to be our partner in our theatre class. It has to be a group of three and we thought you'd be a good fit with us. Well, if you want to."

"Sure." I accepted the offer. "I don't see why not. Let's swap numbers." We all swapped numbers and Zendaya made a groupchat for us before I dismissed myself. "I'll catch up with you guys later, I can't be late to my lunch block."

"Alright. Catch you later. Thanks again." Ryan waved me off as Zendaya sent me a warm smile.

My journey continued up another flight of steps and inside my class. It was my Technology class and the lady acted like the computers cared if we were late. Nobody cared but her.

I walked in just as the bell rung and saw that the teacher wasn't there. Sneaking to my seat, I took it and logged on as I dropped my bag next to me.

"Whoa. Watch out new blood." Shawn told me as she kicked my bag closer to me. "Get yo stuff out my space."

Rolling my eyes, I bit my tongue. She had became a bitch after Janet and I fell out. I didn't give a damn though. Birds of a feather always flock together.