32

I'm back loves! ❤️

Nafessa Williams

"Pleaseee?" I begged again as I followed Toni into her bedroom.

"No Fessa. It isn't finished yet."

"Let me hear something that's finished then."

Toni stopped walking and looked at me. I pouted and she rolled her eyes. "Come on. I'll let you hear something."

I squealed in excitement as she walked around me and down to her studio. We'd made homemade lasagna and it was baking so we had nothing but time right now. She stood over the studio table and turned the computer on before hitting the chair next to her. "Sit."

Walking over, I sat in the chair and watched her log on the computer and go to the files. "What's the song called?"

"Un-break My Heart. It's a slow song, so bare with it but it's my favorite so far. I have more finished. So after this one I'll play more if you still want to hear."

"Ouu okay." She hit play and a slow melody began playing from the many speakers in the room. Soon I heard her voice and I smiled. "Whoa.."

Toni covered her face. "On a scale of 1-10 what do you think? Don't lie either."

"It's amazing." I replied as the song continued. She shook her head and I pulled her towards me and sat her on my lap. "T, this song is amazing."

"You serious Fes? Or are you just saying that to be nice? It's gonna be my first album and it has to be right. My record label needs it by next week and it has to be perfect."

"This song is beautiful Toni. Your voice was literally made for this. You can hear the emotions in your tone. It's great. Why are you being so hard on yourself?"

"I don't know. I just— it's gotta be right Fes."

"And it is. It is perfect."

She looked back at me. "You serious?"

"How many times are you gonna ask?" I giggled before affirming her again. "Yes. I'm serious."

Toni took a deep breath before nodding and looking back at the table in front of us. "Okay good. I just need to make sure. Ya know?"

"With a voice like that... Toni you are about to blow up."

"You think so?"

"I know so. You're amazing."

"Thanks. I'm glad you like it— you inspired it." 

My eyes widened as I pointed at the computer. "Oh wait a minute. Rewind. Let me listen to the lyrics more closely."

She giggled. "Nooo. Just listen to this part for now."

Knowing I wasn't going to win this argument, I gave it up and instead mumbled. "How long until the lasagna is done?"

"At least 30 more minutes."

"Can we listen to more songs after this one then?"

"Only one more." She leaned forward and turned the song off much to my dismay.

"Why'd you turn it off?"

"Because I want you to hear this one a little bit more than I want you to hear Un Break My Heart. Just listen." Toni began clicking different things before a more upbeat sound came blasting out of the speakers. "I thought of you when I wrote this one too."

I began nodding my head to it as she hummed softly. This time I listened more closely to the lyrics.

I'll always think of you
Inside of my private thoughts
I can imagine you
Touching my private parts
And just the thought of you
I can't help but touch myself