Chapter 34

Greece 12.30 p.m.
Grayson POV -

We're all chilling at the departure gate. Sitting in the waiting area, next to eachother, facing the ginormous window. The from floor to ceiling window, that covers the length of the entire gate. Watching a plane take off every 2 minutes. The energy shifted. It shifted for the better. A couple of days ago we were sitting in the departure lounge at L.A.X. with an anxious Ethan, an upset Kian and the tension was killing. I look around and see everyone relaxing. Jeff is playing with his phone. David is editing a video on his laptop. Kian and Ethan are both staring out of the window. It feels like we're actually going on holiday. It feels nice for a change.

I'm watching a British Airways plane taxi towards the tarmac for take off, when I hear Kian clear his throat. "So.. umm.. when are we gonna talk about Ava?" He suddenly says as he turns his head towards me. My heart stops and my eyes widen. I look over at Ethan and see him trying his hardest not to burst out in laughter. His lips are pursed, his eyes are pressed close and his usual loud and roaring laugh is now trying to escape from his barely open lips, creating a farting sound. Even David looks up from his laptop and Jeff slides his phone back in his pocket. Great! All eyes on me, I guess. "What about Ava?" I say, trying to sound like I have no idea what he is talking about, while refocusing on the British Airways aircraft.

"Well.. I dunno.." Kian says with a grin on his face and I see him shrug his shoulders. "Maybe we can talk about you staring at her all the time, like.. during breakfast in Paris?" Kian continues and I feel my cheeks getting flustered. I again look over at my brother for some support, but his pursed lips have made way for a wide, open mouth, smile. His closed eyes are now open and very much waiting for me to answer Kian's question. He is amused. This is entertainment to him and I realise I'm on my own on this one. Great! Absolutely great!
"Or we can talk about you two kissing on the plane to Greece.." David joins the conversation and I hear everyone gasp or yell.
My heart stops yet again. I'm frozen. What is going on?! I can't look anyone in the eyes, but my target.. the British Airways plane, is now taking off. In a couple of seconds I have no plane to lock my eyes on. "YOU KISSED AVA ON THE PLANE?!" Ethan laughs. "I knew it! When we locked eyes in Paris! I saw it in your eyes!" Ethan continues. "I've never seen you look at someone the way you look at her." He says. I let go of my gaze on the plane and turn my head towards Ethan. We lock eyes and he starts laughing hysterically. "God! You are so in love!!" He yells through the entire gate. "Jesus, Ethan! Shut up!" I say while climbing over Kian who's sitting in between the two of us, to forcefully cover Ethan's mouth with my hand.

"If you don't want anyone to know, you.. maybe.. should not have full make out sessions in an elevator!" Kian laughs. "Whattt?!" Ethan screams but the sound is luckily muffled under my hand. Everyone starts laughing as I feel sweat dripping down my back. Great now I have swamp ass as well, and we're going on a 2 hour flight! "How did you miss that, Ethan?" Jeff now says. "They were all over eachother, while the entire lobby was watching along!" Jeff chuckles at Ethan. Since Jeff is sitting on my right side and Ethan on my left, I'm literally stuck in this conversation about me. This conversation I don't want to be in! Where everyone is taking turns, describing every occasion where it was clear to them that I like Ava.
It's like they're talking about a random person, and not about me! I take my hand off Ethan's mouth and sit back down in my seat. Leaning forward. I bury my face in my hands, trying to disappear. It makes the initial panicky, 'I got caught' feeling subside, even though I still can't wrap my head around the fact that everyone knows. Everyone knows what I don't even know. Do I like Ava? She's super pretty, yes. And incredibly funny. I'm intrigued by her and love having her energy around. It feels like I'm floating when she's touching me.. and the more I think about it, the more I feel my heart pounding out of my chest. I'm low key freaking out when Ethan puts his hand on my shoulder.
It makes me look up and he sees the confusion in my eyes. A slight amusing smile appears on his face as he says: "It's okay, Gray! She's cool.. just let it happen!". He gently taps my shoulder, before he sits back again. Thousands of thoughts cross my mind, but at the same time I can't think straight. I've been so invested in finding y/n. Getting Ethan and y/n back together, that it hasn't crossed my mind once.. Ava and me. "I like her, don't I?" Is what I breathe out when we get interrupted. Y/n and Ava walk up to us. Laughing, talking and both carrying shopping bags. I'm so confused about the Ava and me thing, that it doesn't even surprise me that the two of them look like they've been best friends forever. While it was just only yesterday that y/n was ready to bite Ava's throat.

Ava and I Iock eyes and it's like I'm in a completely different dimension. It's like all my senses suddenly become hyper sensitive. And they're picking up on everything. Ava's cheeks are flustered and I want to trace my fingertips over her rosy complexion. Her lashes are long and flutter at me in slow motion. I see every individual lash frame her beautiful brown eyes. The corners of her mouth turn into a smile and dimples dent her cheeks. I get reminded of the softness of her lips, when her teeth sink into her bottom lip. I'm so in the moment that I forget about my surroundings and I startle myself when a squealing sound leaves my mouth, as soon as I think about kissing her. I hear David laugh and Ethan chuckles. "Well, I guess we've got our answer." Kian says smirking.