Chapter 9

London 4 p.m.
Y/n POV -

I'm nibbling on sunflower seeds and waiting for Shawn to get changed when he walks out in his Calvin Klein boxer briefs. "What did Mike say about you going on tour?" He asks me and I feel my face turn red. His gaze intensifies. "You haven't told him yet.." Shawn breathes while wiggling himself into another pair of skintight jeans. I look at my maxi skirt and back up at his jeans. "Call him now!" Shawn says and I can hear he means it. "We're leaving this evening, y/n! You have to call him now. I'm not gonna leave you here." He stresses. I reach out for my phone on the table in front of me and call Mike. I haven't said a word to him since that incident last night and I feel my heart creeping up in my throat. Shawn sits down next to me and places his hand on my knee. It makes me look up at his face, where now a comforting smile appears. "Hello?" I hear Mike say and my hands get clammy immediately. "Mike.." I say a bit unsure. "It's y/n.." I continue. "Oh, hi.." I hear Mike say in return and his voice softens. Is he sorry for what he did to me? He has never physically hurt me before.. maybe he didn't mean it, is what I think when Shawn softly pokes my arm with his elbow. I look back up at him. He still has that comforting smile on his face and he's encouraging me to tell Mike that I'm going on tour. I clear my throat. "Mike.." I say again with a bit more courage now. "Shawn is touring the rest of Europe after the show this evening and he wants me to work for him during those shows as well." I blurt out without taking a breath. Mike stays silent. "Hey Mike!" I hear Shawn suddenly say and it startles me. I look over at Shawn with a dropped jaw, trying to ask him what he is doing, in sign language. So Mike doesn't hear me. Shawn looks back at me, confused. Clearly not getting what I'm trying to act out with my hands waving in the air and my fingers slitting my throat. "Shawn here!" He continues while still eyeing me. "Y/n is by far the best assistant I ever had." He says. I now look at him in confusion. Me, falling of a chair. Me, being carried to his dressing room. Me, crying over Ethan.. cross my mind. Shawn could've hired a monkey and that monkey would've been a better assistant than I have been so far. "I really need her during the rest of my tour in Europe. I hope you don't mind!" Shawn adds. "I- I guess that's okay.. " I hear Mike mumble. "Great!" Shawn immediately says. Not giving Mike any chance to back track. "I will send y/n over to pack a suitcase!" Shawn says as he locks eyes with me and sees the panic plastered all over my face. He squeezes my knee as if he seems to understand that I can't go back on my own. "Is 5 p.m. good? That's when I can send my people over." Shawn continues and my stress level goes down. I know he is referring to his gorilla sized bodyguard when he says 'my people'. And I breathe in deeply to calm down. "5 is good.." Mike says, clearly confused by this entire conversation. "Okay, thanks!" Shawn says. "Bye.." I mumble before ending the phonecall. I bury my face in my hands. My heart is pounding out of my chest by now. "It's all going to be okay." Shawn reassures me as he pulls me into a hug. His body reminds me of Ethan's. Strong, tall and muscular. His skin is warm and soft just like Ethan's, but his scent throws me off. "Thanks.." I mumble as Shawn let's go of me, gets up and walks off to grab a shirt.

I'm trying to wrap my mind around everything that is happening. For the next couple of weeks I'm away from Mike. I'm safe. The tattoo on my wrist catches my eye and I smile at the 'E' carved into my skin. A couple of butterflies flutter through my body. I miss him so much and I decide to do something I try to avoid as much as possible. I log into my undercover Instagram account @fanficfantasies to creepily look at Ethan's pictures. If he only knew that I stalk his Instagram account, at times that I feel like falling apart. The last picture he posted was a Netflix teaser. After that it has been very quiet on his account and I can tell, by reading the comments, fans are noticing that as well. I head over to the explorer page and lots of pictures of Ethan pop up. Ethan wearing a T-shirt, sweatpants and carrying a backpack. I click on one of the pictures and get redirected to a fan account. The caption says <Ethan, Grayson and a lot of other youtubers spotted at L.A.X. 2day!>. I quickly scroll through all these pictures and see all my friends. Kian, Grayson, David, Jeff.. all with bags and suitcases. I head back to the explorer page and click on another picture of Ethan at the airport. <Guess who's on my flight to London!> this caption says and my heart drops. "Fuck no!" I breathe while I get up and pace through Shawn's dressing room. "Fuck no, Ethan!!" I repeat while hearing Mike's warning loud and clear in my head.

I swipe through these L.A.X. pictures and stop when I see multiple pictures of Ethan, standing next to a girl. I don't know her and have never seen her. She is tiny, with brown hair and a tan skin. She's wearing sunglasses and has a huge smile on her face. Her Vans are white and her jeans skinny. I look back down at my maxi skirt again and sigh. Her hand is resting on Ethan's shoulder and the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. My stomach is turning and I feel restless. I don't know her, but I already don't like her!!