Chapter 3

London 2 p.m.
Y/n POV -

I carefully trace my finger over the tattoo on my wrist. The letter E makes sure I forever carry Ethan with me. I pull the sleeve off the hoodie down and it reaches over my hand. This hoodie is way too big. But it's Ethan's. His musky scent lingers around me and it is the only thing that keeps me sane at the moment. "I don't get it, honey!" Mum says. "I don't understand why you can't tell me where you and Mike live now. And I don't understand why you're back in London, back with Mike." She continues. I sigh. "It's complicated, mum." I tell her. "I can't explain it right now." I say. "Did Ethan hurt you? Are you in trouble?" She asks and I gasp for air. "What? No!" I say, feeling so insulted. "Ethan would never hurt me! He is the best thing that ever happened to me and I left to keep him safe, mum!" I bite at her. It upsets me that she thinks Ethan hurt me. "I know he will travel to London and look for me. That's why I can't tell you where I'm staying. You will tell him! And that will ruin his life!" I breathe. Mum pulls me into a hug. "Calm down, y/n!" She says as she caresses my hair. "Calm down, baby girl! It'll be okay!" She adds as she feels my shoulders shaking. My diaphragm quickly moves up and down to supply my lungs of air while I start sobbing again. I miss Ethan. I miss him so much. It hurts not being with him, but it'll hurt more if he gets hurt. If Mike decides to post those video's. I need to protect Ethan at all costs. I pull away from mum's comforting hug and wipe away the tears. "I've got to go, mum." I whisper and give mum a kiss on the cheek. "Take care, sweetheart." She says before I walk out of the door.

An hour later I'm sitting in the O2 arena. Shawn Mendes is doing a sound check for the show this evening and the moment he starts singing 'Treat You Better' I chuckle. It takes me back to that day, with Kian in the coffee shop. When he got up and started serenading that song to me. To tell me he would be a better boyfriend to me than Grayson was. I tumble from one amazing memory into the other and bury my nose in Ethan's hoodie. "Shawn freaking Mendes." I chuckle without realizing the music has stopped for a couple of minutes now. "Yeah, that's me." A voice in front of me says. I look up and see a smiling Shawn Mendes looking at me. He startles me and I fall backwards from the chair I was sitting on. "Holy crap!" I hear him breathe as he hurries over to collect me from the floor. "Are you okay?" He says as he carefully lifts my head from the concrete. I squint my eyes and rub the back of my head. "Ethan?" I breathe. He picks me up and carries me through the corridors of the O2 arena. "She hit her head!" He yells at someone else. I blink my eyes and breathe in this clean, but exotic smelling scent. "You're not Ethan.." I say to the strong man with a full head of hair, carefully placing me on the couch of a dressing room. His smile is wide and I see his face. "No, I'm Shawn freaking Mendes." He chuckles. My heart stops and I rest my head back on the couch, covering my face with my hands. "Oh shit.." I breathe in my hands. It is mind boggling how bad I am at making first impressions. It really is a talent that is underestimated and I feel like I definitely deserve an award for this talent. Shawn is still chuckling. "I would like to offer you a bottle of water, but my new assistant hasn't shown up yet." He says smiling. I clear my throat, trying to gain some self respect.. but I'm pretty sure I left my self respect somewhere on the arena floor when I fell from that chair. "Oh... she's here.." I whisper. "Your assistant.." I add. Shawn looks around the empty room and back at me. "You hit your head pretty hard." He says concerned. I chuckle at the fact that he thinks I see imaginary people. "I'm your assistant." I say, shaking my head in shame, but manage to reach out my hand. "Well, I can imagine you want a new assistant now.." I continue, but he shakes his head immediately as well as he shakes my hand. "No! No!" He says still laughing. "This is perfect!" He adds. I slowly sit back up and rub my head again. I see Shawn still gazing at me. "So.." he says "Who's that Ethan guy?".