Chapter 13

Paris 3 a.m.
Y/n POV -

We're back on another plane. Now on our way to Barcelona. Paris has been amazing! Apparently Paris is one of the few cities where Shawn can walk the streets without being mobbed by thousands of girls. He took me to Laduree and made me taste every flavour macaron they had. We drank coffee and had a really good talk. About his life outside being a popstar. About how I think landing is always the worst part of flying. How we both like cats over dogs and how we're way too competitive when we're playing board games. How we think scents is what attracts us to people and how he thinks I'm making a mistake, breaking up with Ethan. "How would you know?" I said to Shawn with a frown. "You don't know Ethan, you barely know me." I continued. He laughed his bright signature smile. I don't think I've ever seen a smile like his. I always thought it was a figure of speech when people said "their smile lights up a room.", but Shawn actually lights up a room when he smiles. I'm mesmerized and lose my train of thought every time he shows me those pearly whites. "I don't know Ethan and I barely know you.." he repeats after me. "But I do see how you react, every time something reminds you of him. And you are a stunning girl, don't get me wrong.. but you are what heartbreak looks like." He says "You look miserable!" He emphasizes, when he sees me reacting to him, describing what I look like.

I laugh thinking about it. I've never seen anyone look at me in disgust like Shawn did.. and I normally would be pretty insulted. But Shawn caring about my wellbeing means a lot to me. Especially now he's the only one I can rely on, lean on. He reminds me of Kian. But where Kian pushed me towards my boundaries and pulled me out of my comfort zone, Shawn just gives advice. Pretty decent advice for such a young guy. And instead of insisting on what I should do.. he just quietly keeps an eye on me.

We are requested to fasten our seatbelts when the pilot prepairs for landing. I collect all my belongings and stuff them in my handbag. Shawn walks over and sits down next to me. He fastens his seatbelt and places his left hand, palm up, on the arm rest between our seats. I look at his hand and back at his face. "You don't have to do this.." I say a bit sheepish. His lips curl up into a smirk. "I think landing is the worst part as well." He says as he reaches out his hand to grab mine. Our fingers intertwine and I brace for impact.

Okay.. so maybe holding his hand helped a little, is what I think when the plane taxis to the arrival gate. I turn the airplane mode on my phone off. Immediately my phone blows up with one text message after the other. For a moment I think Ethan somehow managed to trace my new phone number. I close my eyes, sigh and quickly pray it's not Ethan. When I open my eyes and unlock my phone. I instantly regret hoping it's not Ethan. I've been praying so much lately and ofcourse now God starts to listen to my prayers. Unfortunately he is still not doing me any favours, when all these messages happen to be from Mike. If you thought my hands were clammy from the landing, you're wrong. After reading these texts, that is when my hands got clammy.

Mike found out, probably on social media, that Ethan is in London. He is fuming and wonders if I got something to do with it. The panic rising from my toes to my head is fogging up my brain. I bring my hand to my forehead and start rubbing it firmly, in the hope it makes me think straight again. I feel heat now radiating from all my body parts and start blowing on my hand palms to stop them from sweating. Shawn turns his head and frowns. "What are you doing?" He asks and I can imagine it must be looking weird. Someone trying to blow their palms dry. I hold up my phone and breathe: "Mike!". Shawn looks at me confused. "He knows Ethan is in London and wants to know if I've got something to do with it." I ramble. "Well, since you've got nothing to do with it.. I think sending back a 'no' would suffice." He says. I stare at Shawn, not taking in a word of what he is saying. I'm trying to solve this jigsaw. Mike knows Ethan is in London. Ethan is most likely still looking for me in London.. and if he can't find me, he will probably look for Mike. Mike thinks I brought Ethan to the U.K. or that I've at least got something to do with it. "One of them needs to leave London.." I breathe. And since Ethan made it clear he wasn't gonna leave without me, I need to get Mike out of London. I quickly type back a shitload of messages and see Shawn looking over at my phone. He firmly places his hand on mine. "No y/n!!" He says. "I'm not okay with you bringing that guy out here! You can't be alone with him! I won't allow him hurting women, hurting you!!".