Chapter 15

Paris 5 p.m.
Grayson POV -

Ethan has been gone for an hour now. You'd think that it would be more than enough time for me to calm down a bit. But his rebellious and impertinent behaviour still pisses me off. Why is he so mad at me? I haven't done anything wrong. At least not ever since y/n's birthday. I'm contemplating not meeting up with Ethan and Ava. Just so I can have some extra time away from Ethan and we both can cool down a little, when I receive a message on my phone. I grab my towel from the floor and throw it over the sink as I'm making my way towards the bed.

I open my messages and see a dm from Shawn. I've messaged him when we first found out y/n would be working for him, but as I expected.. he never responded, until now. I sit down on the bed as I read his tweet out loud.

<Sorry, just seeing your message now. Yes, y/n is here with me. She is not doing well and really needs Ethan. She tries to stay away from him, because she's afraid of what Mike will do. But she really needs to see your brother as soon as possible to talk some sense into her. I can't calm her down. Shawn.>

I reread the message and feel so sorry for y/n. So sorry that's she's in this complete stage of panic because of two video's.

<What hotel are you guys in? Let's meet up right now! Tell y/n she doesn't have to be afraid of Mike publishing those video's. Ethan and I don't care if he does.>

I type back and hit send. I make sure to message David and Kian immediately.

<Come to my room! Might have a lead to where y/n is!>

And I'm tempted to call or text Ethan as well. But I know my brother.. he would ignore my calls and texts. That thought fuels the little fire, burning in my chest. The fire that's there because I'm angry. And maybe because I'm a bit jealous that Ethan is spending time again with Ava. Not because it's Ava. It has absolutely nothing to do with Ava! I'm just bored and alone.. and Ethan is not. I sigh and decide to text Ava instead of Ethan.

<Let's meet at the Eiffel Tower at 6! Might have news on y/n!>

Before I can hit send, I already hear Kian's voice outside my room. It takes not even two minutes and my hotelroom is packed. Everyone is here. Sitting on my bed. I show them the direct message of Shawn and we all feel like this is it! We're gonna find y/n! She's gonna be reunited with Ethan and everything is gonna be okay. I know for a fact that when they see eachother.. be in eachothers energy, everything will be okay. We're buzzing when I receive a new message from Shawn. "Guys!" I yell when I wave my phone in the air to let everyone know I've got a message. "I've got a new dm!" I add and I clear my throat before I start reading the message out loud.

<We're at the W hotel in Barcelona, Spain. Heading to Greece after my show this evening. Are you guys in Barcelona? I don't think those video's are the thing she is most afraid of.. Mike got very abusive towards y/n and he raped her a couple of nights ago. I took her on tour with me, to get her as far away from him as possible. But I feel like Ethan might be the only one that can talk some sense into her and convince her to get out of that relationship.>

I'm immediately thrown off by Shawn's mention of Barcelona. That y/n is in Barcelona. What are we doing here in Paris? "We should've googled his fucking tour schedule!" Kian says discouraged and we all feel pretty dumb. "We can go to Barcelona, we can go to Greece. This is something we can figure out easily." I say to keep the uplifting mood going. But that mood is nowhere to be found as soon as I read that next sentence. The more I read, the slower I pronounce the words.. trying to delay what's coming. "Mike got.. very.. abusive.. towards.. y/n.. and-" I'm not able to say these words out loud. "What?" Kian yells in my direction. This is what he has been afraid of and I see it in his face. "And what..?!" He yells again as he snatches the phone out of my hand. My mouth feels dry and I lick my lips. I'm frozen to the spot and am only able to bring my hands to my head and bury them in my hair. What have we done? Kian rereads the sentence I couldn't finish. "Mike got very abusive towards y/n and he raped her a couple of nights ago." Kian says. His voice turning down in volume after every single word. The last 3 words are nothing more than soft whispering.. but we still hear them loud and clear. "We need to find Ethan, now!! And go to y/n!" Kian says. His voice flat but heavy. He seems numb and shows no emotion, but his hands are shaking. "Let's go! Let's go!" David yells as he gets up and opens his laptop to immediately book tickets to Greece. Him yelling pulls us out the initial shock and adrenaline starts taking over my body.