Chapter 44

Italy 7 p.m.
Grayson POV

“For fuck’s sake, Kian! You’ve got one job!”. I snap at Kian who I asked to pick up roses from the florist. “You better hurry the fuck up, before the flower shop closes.” I urge him before I end the phone call. This takes me back to when we were planning Y/n’s birthday a couple of weeks ago. I gave both Kian and Ethan a list of errands, back then. But guess who ended up running all their errands as well? Yes! Me! Luckily I’ve got Ava by my side this time around. She’s leaning over the beach bar and supporting her head with one hand, while holding her phone in the other hand. Sticking out her round ass while arching her back. I see men who walk by look at her and I smirk.
This one is all mine, at least I’m planning on making her mine. I walk up behind her and wrap my arms around her waist. Pulling her butt close to me. I lean in and place slow kisses all over the side of her neck. She slowly gets up, straightens her back while deliberately leaning in towards me and tilts her head back on my chest. “Why are we doing this again?” I whisper in between kisses and I turn her around, so she faces me. “Why are we planning Ethan’s proposal?” I breathe against Ava’s lips. “We could’ve spend our time better..” I add as I slowly press my lips against hers and let my hands travel from her lower back to her butt, gently squeezing it as I pull her hips against mine. “GET A FUCKING ROOM!” I hear David yell from the other side of the beach bar and look up to see his smug grin peek over his laptop.

Ava chuckles and rests her head on my chest for a brief moment. “If we finish this up..” She says as she points her hand at men, carrying the shit we bought from a truck to the beach. “And tell Ethan to rush through this proposal.. we could be back in bed by 9..” she laughs. Her laugh makes me laugh. I know she is joking, but I can’t help but wish Ethan would just shove a ring around y/n’s finger during dinner. Ethan surprised Y/n with her parents this afternoon and now the four of them are out for dinner, so we would have enough time to set everything up on the beach. I look around to see everyone running around, helping us out making this night unforgettable, when Ava clears her throat to catch my attention.

“So, she has been proposed to quiet a lot, I understand..” She says, clearly referring to Ethan’s words a couple of days ago. Her eyes fixated on my chest. I cup her chin and lift it so she has to lock eyes with me. So much has happened these last couple of months, these last couple of weeks even. I often forget that Ava, who feels like she’s been part of our little squad since forever, is completely unaware of everything that went down between Y/n and me.
Ava is looking at me through her lashes. Her cheeks are rosy. I know she’s been thinking about Ethan’s words for days. And I know some part of her wants to know more about y/n’s and my dynamic, but I can tell she also feels a bit uncomfortable by it.

“I love y/n..” I say. “I thought I was in love with her..” I continue as I bring my hand from Ava’s chin to her neck and rest it right under her ear, wrapping my fingers around the back of her neck. “I’m just now realizing that the connection I had with her, was because of Ethan.” I breathe and all puzzle pieces seem to come together. “I don’t know if you ever heard of twin telepathy.” I say and Ava squints her eyes. “I’m not sure if it’s an actual thing.” I add as I shrug my shoulders. “But Ethan and I have always been projecting and adopting each other’s feelings, ever since we were toddlers. He got mad, when I was mad. I became happy, when he felt happy. He felt insecure, when I was insecure.
At first our parents thought we were just unconsciously mirroring each other’s moods and behaviours like twins often do. But even when we spent time apart, we happened to sense each other’s mood and act on it.” I explain to Ava who raises her brows and seems impressed but confused at the same time. I move my thumb slowly back and forth on her jaw, caressing her skin.
“I remember that specific morning when I saw Ethan and Y/n in the kitchen of our Airbnb in Hawaii. They had just met a couple of days prior. Y/n learned, while walking down the aisle, that her fiancé Mike, knocked up her best friend Whitney. Ethan found out Emma just cheated on him. You’d think they both be in pieces, but whenever they were around each other both of them were glowing.

I think I realized that morning, when Ethan was throwing food at Y/n and they were both in tears of laughter, that they had something special. Just now I’m realizing that they were falling in love and that it wasn’t friendship. Just now I’m realizing what y/n and I had was friendship.. and that I felt so connected to her because of her connection with Ethan.” I end my monologue and Ava’s mouth slightly opens. “Does that make any sense?” I ask her as her teeth sink into her bottom lip. “Very much..” She says as she nods. “So, yes.. I did kinda ask y/n to marry me.. but we broke up before we even got engaged.” I add. Ava sighs relieved and pecks my lips.

I let go of her neck and step back, ready to turn around and help the guys set up the props for the proposal. “And umm.. after my relationship with Y/n I actually fell in love, for the very first time.. that was a real eye opener as well..” I say as I smirk and walk off, turning my back towards her. The last thing I see is Ava’s eyes widen and her jaw drops.

When I’m halfway down the beach Ava runs up next to me and puts her hand on my chest to stop me. I knew these words would trigger her and my smirk turns into a wide smile. I can’t stop myself from constantly teasing her, provoking her, like she does with me as well. “Wait, wait, wait..” Ava says furrowing her brows and her hand firmly pressed on my chest. “You fell in love? For the first time?” She breathes.

I slowly nod my head as I bring my hand back to her chin again and brush my thumb over her bottom lip. “I did..” I whisper as I see Ava swallow her curiosity. The tension between us is building like it never has before. “I still am..” I say as my voice becomes super low all of a sudden. I remove my thumb from her bottom lip to make way for my lips and slowly wrap my lips around her lower lip. “I’m falling in love with you so hard, Ava..” I breathe as I pull away from her lips. “And I want to be with you so bad..” I add as my nose brushes hers. “Please, be mine.” I whisper as I rest my head against her forehead. I see her swallow again as she closes her eyes and nods. “I’m yours.. I’m all yours, Grayson.” She says with a raspy voice.