Chapter 39

Italy 3 a.m.
Grayson POV -  

“Dude!” Ethan breathes frustrated in my neck as we hit the waves on the Jet Ski. I feel him holding on tight to my life jacket. “Grayson!” He yells in my ear, trying to overpower the volume of the engine. I slow down and sigh because I already know what he is going to say. “What?!” I bark at him. “Let’s switch, man!” he whines. “I wanna be on that Jet Ski.” Ethan says, as he points his finger at the Jet Ski in the distance. The Jet Ski with y/n and Ava on it. “E! Nooo!” I now whine at him, as I turn my head around to look at his face. “If we switch, you’re gonna drive off with y/n! Leaving me alone with Ava.” I say. Ethan presses his lips firmly together, suppressing a smirk. I knew it! He was gonna screw me over! “Dudeeee!!” I yell. “Bro code!” I add as we’re floating at sea. “Gray, we both don’t know what bro code means..” Ethan bursts out in laughter. His words make me chuckle. He’s got a point there. We both ended up messing around with each others exes. I look up and see the other Jet Ski driving towards us. “Shit..” I whisper under my breath and roll my eyes in frustration. “Don’t overthink it, Gray!” Ethan says as he grabs my shoulder with one hand and uses his other hand to wave at y/n, who is driving the other Jet Ski. “Just follow your heart.” He adds dryly. I turn around again to look at his overly happy face. I can’t unfurrow my brows anymore out of astonishment. What is he talking about? “Just follow your heart?” I repeat after Ethan, with my eyes wide and my voice shaky.
I feel like my heart is ending me right now. It’s pounding so fast, I’m pretty sure I’m having a heart attack.

“Ethan?!” I hear y/n yell as she slowly comes closer. “What’s up, baby?” He shouts back at her. “Can I go on the Jet Ski with you?” She asks as both Jet Ski’s drift towards each other. Ethan reaches out his hand and interlocks with y/n. He pulls her close, which makes the Jet Ski’s float next to each other. I grab a hold of the handle on y/n’s Jet Ski to stabilise us and when I look over my shoulder at Ava, I see her eyes are shooting fire at y/n. Great! So she doesn’t want be on a Jet Ski with me either. “Sure, baby.” Ethan says to answer y/n’s question. “If Ava is okay with that?” he continues. Ethan and y/n now also look at Ava, who turns her head towards Ethan, raises a brow and sighs. “I guess..” she says as she shrugs her shoulders. Y/n squeals from happiness and a huge smile appears on Ethan’s face. God, I forgot how in love they are and unconsciously roll my eyes again. I can’t even recall ever being with y/n. It's like it never happened. I don't get any time to think about y/n and me when I'm startled by Ethan, diving in the sea. The Jet Ski’s drift apart a bit and y/n reaches out for the handlebar on my Jet Ski. “Got it..” she breathes as she pulls us back together. I let go of the handle on her Jet Ski and reach out my hand to Ava. We lock eyes and her teeth slowly sink into her full bottom lip. I can’t take my eyes off those lips and it makes me feel some type of way. I breathe in deeply and Ethan’s words resonate in my head: “Don’t overthink it, Gray. Just follow your heart.”.

Ava grabs my hand and stands up. She effortlessly steps from one Jet Ski to the other and gently sits down behind me. Her legs around me. Her bare legs around me! HOLY SHIT! I close my eyes and swallow my nerves. Play it cool, Gray. You’ve got this, I’m telling myself. I open my eyes and see y/n staring at me, still pulling my Jet Ski against hers. Her eyes are sparkling and she is visibly trying not to laugh at me and my nerves. Thankfully we're both distracted when Ethan climbs out of the water, onto y/n’s Jet Ski and he takes a seat behind her. He deliberately scoots over until he’s sitting completely against y/n’s back. It amazes me that they still don't have sex, because the sexual tension between them is so present, that it must have impregnated every woman in a 10 mile radius.

Y/n let’s go of the handle of my Jet Ski and puts both of her hands on the seat in between her legs. It gives Ethan the opportunity to grab a hold of the handlebars as they drift off, away from us. How are they communicating so effortlessly without talking? Ethan looks over his shoulder and grins. “See you later at the hotel!” he yells as the engine roars and they drive off full speed. I look down and breathe in deeply. Ava’s hands are resting on her legs and we both haven’t said a word yet. “Don’t overthink it, Gray.” I whisper and I reach out for Ava’s hand. I place my hand on hers and bring her hand from her leg, around my side to wrap it around my waist. She naturally wraps her other arm around my waist as well and is now holding me tight. “Hold on!” I say as I pull the throttle and I feel her grip around me tighten.

The warm wind blows through my hair and brushes my skin. It immediately calms me down and I feel like I’m on top of the world again. My body takes over and without thinking about it, I release one hand from the handlebar. I place my hand palm on the back of Ava’s hand, that is wrapped around my waist and let my fingers intertwine with hers. I feel her fingers tighten around mine and my body starts tingling all over. I let go of the throttle and we immediately slow down. I’m not sure what fuelled my confidence, but I’m thriving and continue to let my gut guide me. I turn around to face Ava and see her flustered cheeks. She smiles shyly and her dimples appear again. I’ve never seen her this coy and it fills my chest with warmth, thinking I’m having this effect on her. “Wanna give it a go?” I ask her.

Her eyes widen and I’m realising she’s probably interpreting this differently than I intended. “The Jet Ski I mean!" I quickly add and Ava starts laughing. “Oh, umm yeah!” She says still chuckling. I grin wide as I help her climb over me, to sit in the front of the Jet Ski and get completely distracted by her perfectly toned, tan legs. Just at that moment she loses her balance and since I’m staring at her legs, I’m too late to grab her arm. Which results in her falling into the water. My heart stops for a second and I quickly reach out to grab her by her life jacket. “Holy shit!” I yell. “Are you okay?” I say, when she starts laughing really hard. Her snorting laugh relaxes me and my heart starts beating steady again as I lift her out of the sea. "I'm okay.." she breathes as she climbs gently on the Jet Ski and sits down in front of me.

Instead of facing the handlebars, she’s facing me. Her face inches away from mine and her legs wrapped over my legs. Ava lets her hands rest on my lifejacket and is still chuckling. Her skin is glowing and again, she slowly bites her bottom lip. I’m craving the feeling of her lips on mine and that growing craving takes over when my hands grab her hips and pull her even closer to me. Again, Ava is not startled by my boldness at all. It seems to have helped her regain her confidence and she cups my face with both of her hands, before she delibirately presses her lips against mine. I pull her on my lap and feel her tongue brush my lip, begging me to let her in. I slowly suck on her tongue before it meets mine and we passionately and gently explore each other, while floating around at open sea.

Breathy moans leave her lips and her turning me on like that makes me dig my fingertips in her curvy thighs. “Ava..” I breathe as I rest my head against her forehead. I hear her panting and every fiber in my body wants her in every way possible. “I think I’m in love with you..” I breathe against her lips. She gently pushes her lips against mine and really slowly pulls away, as if our lips are glued together, before she groans: “I think I’m in love with you too..”. Those words make my body tingle all over and as my lips find hers again, I let my hands travel to her round butt. Ava slowly wiggles around in my lap, on tempo with the movements of our tongues and her moans against my lips increases the blood flow to my dick. I'm getting hard!