Chapter 60

New Jersey 8 a.m.
Y/n POV –

Dear mum,

If you told me 10 years ago that I would end up marrying the man of my dreams and that we would be a family of 5, who are living their dream in the US, I would’ve laughed at you. I still wake up in a daze every morning. I need to pinch myself when I see Ethan asleep next to me and when I hear the three musketeer’s barge through the hallways, finding their way to our room. My heart bursts from love when they climb on our bed and hug me with their tiny arms. Their tiny but at the same time big arms. How is Remi already 9? How are Elijah and Xavier already 7?

I remember you telling me to stop growing. I never understood why you said that. I couldn’t wait to be 12, 16, 18 and 21. I couldn’t wait to explore the world and become my own person. But now I get it. I want to freeze this moment in time forever. I want them to climb onto our bed forever. I want my tiny Remi to wake her daddy up with cuddles until eternity, for both of them to fall asleep again in each others arms. I want to see Elijah and Xavier climb trees and do ridiculous things under the supervising eyes of their proud dad and uncle until the end of time. Mum, tell me how to stop time. Even though I thoroughly enjoy every single moment and deliberately absorb every second I get to spend with the people around me, life is still passing by too fast.

Even Grayson and Ava celebrated their 2 year wedding anniversary last week. Crazy right?! Ava is 24 weeks pregnant today and she looks stunning. Last week I felt their boy kick around in her tummy. Such a magical feeling that makes me miss carrying my babies. I’ve subtly told Ethan that I wouldn’t mind having 4 kids. Ava is ofcourse nothing but supportive. She is even encouraging us to expand our family. Much to Ethan’s dismay. Both him and Grayson almost passed out at the thought of having more kids running around. Especially now they’re getting too old to tie up to a tree or to each other. They never realised what a chaos it would be if they’d ever have kids that were just like them.

It cracks me up daily and luckily Lisa is helping us out a lot. She’s a pro at handling the twins. Both sets of twins, actually.

Last night, when the men were putting up the Christmas tree, Remi wisely asked us about how we all met. “Daddy and uncle Gray are brothers.” She said and she rudely got interrupted by Ethan and Grayson yelling “Wombmates”. Which stirred up Elijah and Xavier who started chanting “Wombmates.” for about 10 minutes as well. The three of us silently watched the 4 boys from under a blanket on the couch. Elijah on Ethan’s shoulders and Xavier on Grayson’s shoulders. Stomping around the Christmas tree.

“So are you and auntie Ava sisters, then?”. Remi continued when she got bored of watching the Dolan Twins show. Her question made Ava and me smile and we locked eyes. Even though we both wanted to answer this question with nothing but a collective “Yes!” we thought we better not make this even more confusing that it already is. She was hanging onto my lips when I told her that I went on a holiday to Hawaii and met daddy and uncle Gray. That I not only met daddy and uncle Gray, but that I also met uncle Kian during that same holiday. Ava on her turn explained that she lived next door to E and Gray when she was about Remi’s age and the boys were about Elijah’s and Xavier’s age. Ava then continued to explain that she and I met when I was on tour with their uncle Shawn.

Remi’s eyes widened. “What a coincidence you all met each other. Otherwise I would not have this family.” She said smiling while she cuddled up to me. “Do you think I will also meet a future family when I grow up?” Remi asked me as she looked me in the eyes. I told her what you always told me, mum. “Be kind, be grateful and follow your heart. At all costs, let your heart lead the way.”. The boys by then calmed down and settled on the floor beside us while Remi crawled onto Ethan’s lap. “And you always need your dad’s approval, Remi!” Ethan adds. “And your uncle’s!” Grayson joined the conversation. The poor girl will never end up meeting her dream guy with her dad and uncle breathing down her neck.

Even though I don’t want time to pass. I at the same time can’t wait to see what the future will hold for all of us. As long as I’ve got Ethan by my side, I’m good, I’m perfect and I will ride on this endless wave of happiness.

I love you, mum! Tell dad I miss him. We will see each other very soon.

Love and kisses,
y/n