Chapter 19

Crete 7 p.m.
Grayson POV -

I'm keeping a close eye on Ethan. Who is sitting next to Kian on this flight to Greece. We weren't able to calm him down completely. Everytime we thought we calmed him down a little, he relapsed into these crazy, angry and aggressive episodes. Screaming and punching things around him. When he punched Kian, we realised this was getting out of hand and we gave him an over the counter drug, that's being sold to stop anxiety. Luckily Jason happened to carry these pills, to help him relax. I would normally never drug my brother. But I would also never wanna get him arrested and it was really one or the other.

Ethan has been staring out of the window for a little while now. That drug completely stripped him from all emotions and he looks numb. His eyes completely empty. "He's gonna be okay." Ava says, as she sees me staring at Ethan. "The effect of that drug will wear off in an hour." She adds. I honestly don't know if that's a good thing. When that drug wears off he will probably snap on us again. But I'm too exhausted to explain my thoughts to Ava and I just nod. I turn away from her and quietly stare out of the window. I hope y/n is doing okay. I know she needs our help. But I definitely need her help as well, calming Ethan down. Ava gently places her hand on mine. It startles me causing me to let go of my deep thoughts. "Are you okay?" She asks me and I hear the concern in her voice.
We lock eyes for a moment, before my gaze wanders to her lips and my mind immediately jumps from Ethan being upset to Ethan kissing Ava. "So.. you never kissed Ethan?" I blurt out all of a sudden, surprising myself with my boldness. It's the exact same question I asked her a couple of days ago on our flight to London. That's when she answered 'no'. But I've seen them kiss now. So I'm curious to find out if she's gonna confess what happened. Curious, because I care for y/n and I don't want Ethan kissing other girls behind her back. Not because of Ava. It has absolutely nothing to do with Ava! Her eyes narrow to slits. Is she on to me? Does she realise I caught them kissing?
She blinks and her eyes adjust. Her entire energy changes and she is radiating confidence. Her posture is intimidating me. "Ethan and I have never kissed." She says without blinking and I'm taken aback by her answer. Is she lying to me? In my face? I'm stunned! And the growing smirk on her face tells me she can read the shock from my face. "Why are you asking, Grayson?" She asks me teasingly and I know she is on to me. "I saw you and Ethan kiss." I whisper, still pretty loud. I'm alarmed by the desperation detectable in my voice. "You must have seen that wrong." She says calmly, still smirking. Is she kidding me? I'm not drugged. I'm not faded. I know what I saw!
Ethan leaning in towards Ava. His lips on hers. I remember that moment very vividly. I still feel the tight and unsettling feeling, when I think about it. I'm close to waking Kian up, so he can confirm my observations, but am mesmerized by Ava is analysing my face and I can't look away from her. "What did you see, Grayson?" She now asks me provokingly. My eyes widen and my jaw drops. Is this the twilight zone? Why is she questioning me? Why am I starting to doubt myself? "Ethan headbudded me." She all of a sudden says, while laughing. I'm confused. "Ethan headbudded me before and that looked nothing like what I saw you two do.." I say dryly and frown. "What I saw was a kiss.." I tell her again and she turns her body towards me.
I watch her flip up the armrest in between our seats and am frozen when she places her left hand at the back of my head. Her fingers brush through my hair and she slowly lowers her hand until she reaches the nape of my neck. Ava pulls my head closer to hers and her eyes move from my eyes to my lips. I'm aware of my breathing speeding up, but I'm unable to slow it down since I'm so focused on her every move. Our noses touch and her warm and sensual smelling perfume tickles my senses. It draws me in. Her right hand rests on my chest when she tilts her head and kisses my lips. This feels nothing like a soft kiss, nothing like a peck on the lips. This immediately speaks to me on a whole different level.
Her lips are moving slowly and I feel my surprisingly calm heartbeat pounding through every part of my body. Her movements are so sensual, hot and breathy. I'm craving for more and before I realize it, my tongue brushes her lip. It doesn't seem to startle her, anything but! The hand she is resting on my chest travels down a bit and grabs hold of my shirt. Her tongue meets mine and I let my hand cup her cheek. She slowly smiles against my lips, causing her tongue to pull away from mine.
I'm inhaling her minty breath when she whispers: "I bet Ethan head budding me looked nothing like this..". I'm not fully comprehending that I Iost this argument, when Ava gently flips the armrest down again. Creating space between us. She turns back around in her seat and starts flipping through a magazine that she pulls out of her handbag, like nothing happened. I look around at my friends to see if anyone witnessed what just happened. But everyone is sucked into their phone or laptop.