1

MiaBisso Intagram Story

Mia

I'm about to board my plane

Marzia

We'll be there to pick you up!

Mia

God, I miss you guys. I should have come visit sooner.

Marzia

I know... You should visit more often, you can always stay with us!

 Mia

You're a cutie. I should have bought you a silly World's best cousin mug

Marzia

Wait... you didn't get me one? 🥺

Mia

Of course I did!

I haven't seen my cousin, Marzia, since her wedding. Mostly due to my work, which I was thankful for, but it swallowed me whole. Before I even knew it, the year had flown by.

I had a substantial social media growth the past few months, which came in helpful for my modeling career. When I first moved to Los Angeles, I was just going from gig to gig, struggling to maintain my position. Thankfully that wasn't the case anymore. 

I had since moved from LA to Oceanside on a whim. Everyone who I had networked with called me crazy. How could I be moving away from all the opportunities that the lovely LA has for me.

But I really wasn't. The buzzing city was still a short ride's distance from my peace and quite. Besides, is there anything quite as blissful as an amble by the seashore? 

Even though I haven't seen much of my cousin, we still facetimed everyday. Our bond always remained, Marzia and I were like sisters. From time to time, she would visit me back in California, however, her life got enrooted in Brighton and with the plans to move to Japan, I ended up being the one who did all the travelling ,either for visitations or puppysitting. 

Yet, I didn't mid though. At first, the idea that I was an intruder in their life, was very present, still, it faded with the year.  Felix and Marzia (and the pugs) were very welcoming and quickly became a second home to me.

I slept through most of my flight, which was a blessing. 

In spite of having flown many times before, the thought of a plane crash always managed to creep up on me. My best remedy for flight anxiety was a glass of wine and a nap. 

After collecting my luggage, I quickly found my way outside. Spotting Felix and Marzia wasn't difficult, since there was a big cute poop emoji baloon floating around, attached to Marzia's hand by a thin string. 

A giggle came from my lips as I approached them. 

I immediately jump into my cousin's embrace. I had to contain my emotions, as her bony arms squeezed me. Next I jumped to hug Felix, who towered over me. 

"Did you grow smaller?" Felix snarked.

I rolled my eyes in response as went for another hug, from Marzia.

"I'm not letting you go, ever again." I muffled against her shoulder. 

"I got you a poo." she motioned to the ridiculous balloon floating above us. 

A chuckle that came out of me brought some tears to my eyes, but I didn't mind, I was happy.

It was like coming back home after a big trip. Even the pugs, Edgar and Maya, remembered me. 

Their house had changed a bit, probably due to Marzia's interior design projects. Her good taste and delicate style was notorious and perfectly blended with Felix's personal art and décor preferences. 

After unpacking and settling in on their spare bedroom, which they called my room, since I was the one who stayed there most of the time, I joined the couple at the living room for some tea and quality chatty time.

How English, I thought as I sipped the soothing warm liquid. 

We mostly spoke about my work, my growth as a model and now an influencer, mostly how I needed this time off. 

"Your becoming a workaholic." Felix accused, getting a gasp from me.

"You're the one to talk..." I mumbled to my cup of tea.

"He's getting better with that now." Marzia pointed, her hand resting on Felix's without looking away from me.

I smiled at the cute gesture. The couple gave me hope that love can be permanent, not just an emotion. One day, maybe I'd find someone who I could be vulnerable and share complicity with. 

"Speaking of which. I have a stream in an hour or so. I should go get things prepped and ready." Felix squeezed Marzia's hand back " We're playing Among Us." 

"Oh, I know that." I chimed in " I actually was playing it on my phone earlier at the airport."

"At random lobbies?" Felix raised an eyebrow as if something came to his thoughts.

"Yeah... I guess." I inspected Felix's expression carefully.

"You should play with us." he stated finally. "They actually asking if I could ask someone to fill in today, some people aren't goin to be able to join today."

"I don't stream." I quickly remarked. 

"You don't need to." the blonde shrugged. " I'll set you up in Marzia's office."

He looked at her as if to ask for permission with an almost childish glow and a sly smile on his lips.

"Only if Mia wants to." my cousin shrugged and motioned to me. 

"I mean..." I rummaged my thoughts, as they booth waited for my answer. "We can try." 

AN:  Welcome to the creative dumpster this fanfic is going to be for me. This chapter is rather short, since it's only an introduction. Bare with me as I struggle to get back into writing in English, it's not my first language.