19

TW: Alcohol, drugs, partying and abuse from the last chapters will be mentioned and discussed

Corpse guided me to his bathroom, having prepared some of his clothes that I could wear, since my overnight bag was back in LA, at Sophia's place, along with my car.

Other than the skin tight black dress, that seemed tighter and smaller than last night, and the black heels that I couldn't even imagine myself having on my feet again, all I had with me was my purse, with my wallet, phone and car keys. Even my jacket,with Sophia's spare keys in its pocket, stayed back at the club.

I attempted to calm my rushing heart and mind by pushing away my feelings of embarrassment and slowing down my thought process. I needed to focus on one take at a time, starting with a simple one: taking a shower.

The bathroom had little to no decorations, with contrasting white tiles, black towels and Corpse's belongings neatly organized belongings.

The mirror had been covered up with a towel. Corpse had once mentioned he avoided his reflection most day, still the concept of it was foreign to me.

At the time I hadn't pressure on the topic, since I had sensed it was a sensitive and uncomfortable one.

Not being sure of what to expect, I swiftly removed it. My reflection stared at me with distressed eyes and a swollen right upper cheek, that was now green and purple. My blonde hair was tangled and messy and my makeup was long faded into smudges.

After a close inspection, I turned the water on and got rid of the uncomfortable dress, before stepping under the running hot water.

I let all the dirt and makeup be washed away from my face, body and hair, wishing it would also take away the marks on my arm and face. However when I looked at a cleaner version of myself in the foggy mirror, my reflection showed me otherwise.

Without giving it thought I covered my reflection with the black towel with a trembling hand.

Taking deep, slowed and controlled breaths, I tried not to think of the knot inside my throat and the tears that blurred my vision, and focused on the next simple task of getting dressed.

Stepping out I followed the cooking smell and noises to his kitchen. I stood awkwardly at the door, observing him move around the kitchen as he cooked something up.

Once he noticed my presence, after a few seconds, I looked down at the floor with embarrassment, avoiding him.

"I need to call Sophia." I suddenly remember.

"I've talked to her." Corpse announced. He sounded angry which got me to look up at him, although his brown eyes were nothing but kind " She was calling a lot when you were sleeping, I picked up to tell her you were okay."

"What did she say?" I asked expectantly.

"She was worried." He explained stepping closer to me "She also said that she'd left with some guy and left you alone."

"Yeah." I nodded "She does that sometimes. It's okay..."

"It's not." He cut me off and huffed. I only nodded in response.

" You know, yesterday you didn't text her. I mean- you intended to, but you sent those to me." He continued, his tone softening up.

"Oh... I'm sorry ." My eyes wondered to the floor again. I wasn't sure of what to say.

"Mia, come on ." Corpse was now closer to me, his finger lifted my chin up to look at him, caressing my unharmed cheek. "I'm glad the texts went to me. You should have called me in the first place. You shouldn't be alone, specially in that state."