16

Diving right into work and shooting with brands was less stressful and peaceful than what I anticipated. It was like riding a bike. Still, there was something peculiar this time.

I had more energy, my mood was better, I gave photographers something more to work with.

"Mia, darling, you're killing it today." My agent pointed pulling me aside.

Her short painted dark hair was flawlessly combed back, her skin was painted, snatched back and inflated to disguise her true age and her red lipstick had transferred to the cigarette that she held with her long, thin fingers.

"Honestly I was afraid that you'd get fat on your vacation." She pointed while breathing out the smoke.

I raised my eyebrows at her, knowing better than not replying and letting her speak. She was the best inside my agency, she connected me with good clients and gigs and I just kept silent.

"Are you still seeing that boy? That one with the handsome face." She carried on speaking, slowly testing my patience.

She waited for my answer, eyeing me up and down, so I finally spoke " No, I'm not."

" Good." She stated looking away from me me once again "That was trouble enough for me to clean up. Also, publicity stunt you pulled with that cousin of yours in his stream..."

The woman paused, taking another hit from red stained cigarette, and I awaited the judgement from my actions. She never approved anything I did without going through her.

"Nice job." She finally said in a reluctant manner. It was difficult to hide my surprise " Now go. The client is waiting."

And so I did.

I called Marzia on my way home from the shoot. It had become an habit of ours that she'd keep me company on my way back from LA to Oceanside.

"It went pretty great." I rambled " I still have pink glitter on my face."

The girl chuckled " you must look pretty cute."

" I do!" I agreed " I did not tell you this, but it's for the next YSL perfume campaign."

"So... they didn't drop you as an ambassador." My cousin concluded slowly, excitement clear on her voice.

"They did not." I stated beaming at the road ahead of me as I heard her cheers.

"Also, my agent liked the streaming thing with Felix." I pointed.

" Did she ?" Marzia didn't wait for my answer and I heard her calling Felix and looking for him in the house.

I could hear their muffled conversations before Felix spoke.

"Miaaa, wassup." He greeted.

"Hi poopiepie." I greeted, using the nickname Marzia and I used to poke fun at him. Eventually he just started ignoring it and we rarely used it anymore.

" I heard you got big peepeed by your agent." He pointed.

" Were you filming a video ?" I giggled. He must have been working since his dialogue hadn't switched yet.

"Yes, yes I was." He replied laughing awkwardly.

"Well, she did big peepeed me." I pointed " Actually both of us. Thank you." my last words almost dissipated inside me. 

The case was not that I didn't want to express my gratitude towards Felix, but admitting to receiving help, was admitting that there was a problem. And even though I had already talked through that with both of them, it didn't got any easier. 

I plopped onto my couch when I got home, not bothering to remove the glittery the makeup still on my skin and hair strands. It had been a good day.

Normally, Sophia would be my go to after work. We'd go for a drink, or two... But I didn't hit her up this time, which would certainly piss off the brunette. In reality, there was only one person I wanted to tell about my day.

Mia

I'm happy today

Corpse

And my day just got better :)

Mia

I'm glad to hear that

Corpse

I wanna call you later today

In an hour maybe

Mia

Are you asking?

Corpse

No, I'm letting you know

Mia

What if I don't wanna wait another hour?

Corpse

I'm actually streaming rn

So...

Mia

Ask nicely

Corpse

Princess

Please wait for me

Mia

Since you asked... I'll wait 😇

AN: Felt like cutting it short before what is coming next! Sooo How are you guys?

Still amazed at how this story is growing so much by the day!!! It's scary, but still, thank you guys for the support

Next chapter will be up tomorrow ;)