6

Corpse

That was a nice surprise.

Mia

What was?

Corpse

You

Mia

Well, blame Felix, it was his idea 😅

Corpse

I'll have to thank him then! 

He needs to have more of those ideas

Mia 

I'll get that message to him!

Corpse

You still owe me four games, though. We have to take care of that

Mia

You'll get them

Corpse

I'll hold you to that

Mia

You'll get them.

Have my number, I don't regularly use discord. That way you can reach out

XXXXXXXXXX

Corpse

:)

Shortly after I got a phone message from Corpse "Making sure a cute girl gave me her real phone number".  To which I replied with "You think I'm cute?"

An incontrollable urge to smile took command of my senses. And so I did.

My job as a model, consisted of hearing people either praising me for my looks, or discharge me because they weren't good enough. I had become both hyperconscious of my flaws and desensitized to any physical compliments. 

For every good thing you can point out of her, there's millions of girls who were born with better. I had heard from a short-tempered french photographer, mentioning me as if I wasn't present, lining up with around 20 lookalikes hoping to be chosen for a unimportant fashion show , at only 14. It stung to hear those ill mannered words at such tender age, and they only did because there was truth to it.

But, somehow, hearing it from a faceless, nameless stranger had affected my mood.

"Why are laughing?" Marzia butted in, my smile being reflected on my cousin's lips. 

"What? I am not." I denied with a giggle.

"What? Why are you denying it?" Marzia chuckled back, scooting over near me. "Who is it."

"No one." I locked my phone, leaning my head back into her lap.

"Keep your secrets." My cousin sighed, immediately starting to play with loose strands of my hair thought her delicate fingers. 

"Inspector Marzs." I poked her on the nose with my fingertip. "And her special agent Poods."

Felix's head emerged from his book for a few seconds, inspecting us, before silently dismissing us and going back into whatever stoic literature he was into these days.

I didn't take long to call it a night and burrow myself under the comfortable bed spread, where no wondering eyes could invade my privacy, Marzia's specifically. 

An hour had passed since Corpse's last message.

Corpse

I'm an honest man.

Mia 

Sorry, didn't mean to ignore you. I was ambushed.

Corpse

Should I be concerned?

Mia 

You should. There was a curious Marzia and two vicious pugs.

Corpse

Sounds terrible.

What did they want?

Mia 

To know who had texted me... and snacks.

Corpse

Did they get what they wanted?

Mia

Yeah, Felix went and got Marzia some strawberries and I told Edgar I was talking to a stranger.

Corpse

Didn't your mother taught you not to talk to strangers?

Mia

She did.

You're not a stranger.

Corpse

Good.

I don't wanna be.

AN: Short but sweet chapter. Hope you guys are enjoying this. Next part will be up tomorrow and I'll try to update daily!