11

TW: Mention of partying, alcohol and drugs

Sophia

Hope you had a nice vacation, bitch

Are we still up for tonight?

There was a Lancome event for their new line tonight, and as its campaign's main face, I was expected to attend.

I had made Sophia promise to accompany me through it, which the brunette accepted ad long as we made to an after party at a photographer's house she knew.

I knew the girl in my teens. Once I signed with my first agency we both moved to a model apartment, in Milan, with other young rookies. We stayed together through our career and moved together to LA, and protected each other when needed. I considered Sophia as friend, even though jealousy, rivalry and unhealthy coping mechanisms became part of our dynamic.

Mia

Missed you too Bitch

Yeah, Can I stay over?

Sophia

Ofc

Unless you find a better place to stay 😈

Mia

Fuck you

MiaBisso Intagram Story

I was sitting on my makeup table, primping myself up for the event, when I quickly sneaked a mirror picture for my Instagram story

With every brush stroke, I had become closer to being a whole other self. With straighten golden hair, lively light eyes under layers of dark mascara and eyeshadow, and a delicate and creamy complexion. 

While I gathered my belongings for sleeping over at Sophia's, Corpse had replied to my Instagram story.

Corpse

Killin it

Mia

Thanks! I'm dying on the inside tho..

Corpse

Aren't we all?

Mia

Yeah... You might have a point.

Corpse

Don't worry. I'll be here when you get back.

We can watch another episode from yesterday's show, if you feel like it when you come back.

Mia

God Corpse... Don't tempt me. Now I wanna blow my plans up.

I'm staying over at a friend's in LA. She'll kill me if I don't.

Corpse

You'd cancel plans to watch a show with me over NP?

You flatter me too much, Mia.

Mia

Don't get cocky on me, Corpse...

Tomorrow. I promise

Corpse

It's a date, princess.

Try to have fun

Mia

I will

Good night, Corpse

After leaving him with the promise I'd make it up to him the day after, the temptation of cancelling my plans for after the event was exponential.

In reality, my drive to LA was filled with anxious intrusive thoughts and trembles. I hadn't been to a party since the incident, neither had I touched alcohol or treats, as Sophia called them, since then. Also, I had had no contact with my ex and there was this feeling he's follow me to the party tonight.

When I pulled up to Sophia's, I shook my distressful thoughts. I texted her that I had arrived before using my spare key to let myself in to her apartment. 

The place was characteristically messy, yet everything was clean, and it smelled of fresh toasts and cigarettes.

It wouldn't be Sophia's place without books, comforters and clothes scattered around. The open concept didn't help to keep the place neat.

"Soph." I called out. "I'm here."

The beautiful brunette emerged form her bathroom humming to some tune she was playing on her phone.

A grin appeared on her rose painted lips as she ran towards me, pulling me into a hug.

"God I've missed you." Sophia squeezed me, letting me take in her expensive scent, before letting me go. "So, how was that hot cousin of yours."

"Felix or Marzia?" I raised an eyebrow at her.

"Honestly..." she paused to grab her glass of red wine that had been left on the counter. Taking a sip to taste if it was still any good "Both."

I chuckled letting her pull me further inside her home. She poured a glass of red wine for myself, letting its taste dance around my mouth. 

"I have something for you." the girl almost sang " I think you need it tonight."

I shoot her a look, as she grabbed a small bag from under her coffee table, knowing fully well what the girl meant.

"Why?" I simply asked.

"You need a little fun." she shrugged " Besides, Jack has been looking for you." 

Although there was a frightening pressure on my lungs and heart, I maintained my composure.

"Later. After work." I simply said, sipping on the wine.

"Aye Captain." Sophia jokingly complied, quickly changing the subject to all the gossip I had missed during my break.

AN: Soooo what do you think of Sophia?