3

I noticed the group from Among Us had started following me

I noticed the group from Among Us had started following me. Corpse, in particular, had commented on my pic, mimicking the emoji I had last sent him though message.

I didn't know why it caught my attention more than a few more seconds. Maybe due to Felix's teasing, but it remained on my mind more than the few seconds it should have.

In a failed attempt to redirect my thoughts, I opened twitter next. The group also followed me there, Corpse included, again. Most of my mentions were either about Pewdiepie's stream and my interactions with Corpse or the confusion that my connection to Felix was stirring up. In spite of me not making an effort to hide it, most of my followers didn't know about our familiar connection. 

With a sigh I let the faceless Corpse husband invade my mind, as I scrolled through the app.

A video titled "Corpse talking about Mia for 10 minutes straight" caught my eye.

He  probably was just answering questions from his chat. Like the one I heard. I thought to myself.

"Fuck it." I whispered to my buttons, getting a puzzled look from Marzia who observed me for a few seconds, to only come back to the tv show she was watching shortly after..

Letting go of any self-control I had since the game session, I reached for my headphones with a swift movement. 

As I hit play, the alluring voice filled my ears. Some comments stuck in my brain: "I don't know if she played before or not, but she's pretty good.", "She's funny, I feel bad for killing her first round earlier. --- No, I have not checked her insta. Why? – Ahhh fuck —she's cute.".  I felt the heated blood rising to my cheeks and prayed Marzia wouldn't notice.

I jumped as my phone buzzed, Corpse had messaged me through discord again. I couldn't help the irrational feeling I was caught watching something I shouldn't be. 

Corpse

We make a pretty good team. We should play again some time.

Mia 

We do! I suck at it, but I had fun 😊

Corpse

You're not. I mean, you're pretty clever. 

That came out during the game.

Mia 

Thanks, you're pretty clever yourself.

Corpse took a minute before getting back to me, leaving me overthinking my awkward answer. 

Corpse

So...You're from Oceanside. "

Mia 

That's right.

Corpse

I thought you lived in Brighton, for some reason.

Mia 

I'm just here visiting Felix and Marzia. When I left Italy, I went to LA. You know... looking for the big thing.

Why?

It was weird he was asking me this for the second time.

Corpse

And how is Cali treating you?

Mia

Good.

Did you avoid my question?

Corpse

Yes

Yes, I did.

"Mimi." my childhood nickname diverted my attention from my conversation with Corpse.

"Yeah." I casually glanced at Marzia. 

"You're smiling." she pointed letting out a small chuckle.

"What do you want for dinner?" I asked, deciding to ignore her observation, putting my phone away.

AN: Short one, but made sense to cut it here.

Also, thanks for the votes 🥺