17

TW: Partying, alcohol, pills, abuse 

"So, Mia... Mind telling me what you're so happy about?" I could hear his smile in his words, which caused me to beam at my screen. 

Corpse had facetimed me after his livestream ended, like he had promised. 

I had waited patiently by watching his stream, arriving just in time to witness Corpse and Bretman's, who I didn't know, chaotic energy over Among Us. Although I wanted to comment on it, I was too shy to admit that I was watching. 

"And tell me about all the glitter on your face too, please." he added, giggling when I shied away from the camera. "No! No, don't hide."

"Is it even fair for you to ask me not to hide." I fake gasped, showing my face again.

"Err... True." he huffed "But you look good with the glitter, so don't hide."

I showed him a small smile before speaking.

"So... Long story short." I started "I'm to be announced as an ambassador for Saint Laurent for this year."

"What?" Corpse blurted "That's awesome!"

"Yeah, but it wasn't happening anymore because of stuff..." I trailed off before regaining my words picked up my excitement, once more. "But now it is again. Today was the first shoot for it." 

"That's awesome, Mia. Congratulations, really. You deserve it." he beamed " Aren't you celebrating today?" 

"I am." I showed him the rosé wine glass on my hand before sipping it, before correcting it. " We are."

"Oh, I better get some too." 

I heard him rustling around and his camera his camera wasn't darkened anymore. My heart skipped a beat and I immediately looked about as his I wasn't supposed to be watching whatever was on camera. 

"It's okay, it's just my floor." he clarified, probably having observed my knee-jerk reaction.

"Oh.. I just.. I wanted to protect you privacy if it was an accident." I blushed at my behavior. 

"You truly are something..." he commented under his breath, almost inaudibly, as he walked.

I could see the floor panels from his home and then kitchen tiles. Eventually he opened a cabinet showing a small collection of red wine. 

"This one seems appropriate. " he picked one.

Setting his phone down, the screen was pitch black once again, but I could hear him opening the bottle and pouring it into a glass. 

"So." he trailed off, picking up his phone and showing me the glass with the dark red liquid " Now we're equal."

"Red wine fits you." I pointed. 

"What does that mean?" He laughed as he moved back to whatever room he was.

"I don't know." I shrugged, sipping my wine. "It just does."

That night we didn't watch any movie or tv show. We just talked over our glasses of wine. Amongst my modeling and his music, we spoke about our lives and childhoods.

Once more I contemplated on how different we were. His absent family contrasted with the support I had from Marzia and Felix. Even my parents would be there for me if I ever needed, even though our relationships weren't as close as they had once been. However, speaking to him, being here for him, felt right. 

_____