25

I felt warm and sleepy when I woke up the next morning, almost like a child would. At least it was how I remembered my mornings at a young age.

I made toasts for breakfast, although it was well past noon. The ocean's breeze come in through the windows, as well as the warmth of the hot day.

I had made a large cup of coffee, to shake me awake, and made tea for Corpse. I brushed his leg under the table when he laughed at a self deprecating joke I had made. I'm sure it wasn't even funny, but his laugh filled the room.

His presence felt natural and the nervousness from the day before was long gone. His voice was raspier in the morning, his eyes heavy and his dark curls messy, and I enjoyed every detail of it.

The only work I had to do for the day could be done from home and Corpse didn't have any streams planned for the day, so he hung around. The dark haired man was laying back on the sidearm of the couch and I laid against his chest with my laptop on my legs as I went through emails and answered them. Some rerun of Family Guy was playing on my TV and Corpse sometimes laughed at it. It felt exclusive to see him this way, almost like it was a version of Corpse reserved for me.

"Enough work." Corpse demanded.

He effortlessly swept my computer from my lap, placing it on the coffee table. He turned us around, so he was on top of me, leaving me with a fluttery feeling inside my chest.

Corpse took in my face for a few seconds.

"So fucking beautiful." he voiced, almost in a whisper, before closing the gap between us.

His lips, now familiar to mine, were like lightning against my numb ones. They were both tender and aggressive and I subdued to their every movement. My hand took the freedom of roaming his back, pulling him closer to me. His body pressed against mine, leaving my skin burning in every point of contact .

The outside world might as well not exist, but our parallel reality was breached when my phone rang. Corpse grunted against my mouth at the sound before breaking my kiss. I pulled him in again and he laughed against my lips. However the insistent ringing got the best of me.

With an huff, I reached for my phone. The visor showed an incoming videocall from Marzia.

" It's Marz." I announced.

"Answer it." Corpse said, getting closer to me again, to steal one last deep kiss. He lingered into it, and softly took my bottom lip in his teeth, before leaving me yearning for more "I'll be here when you are done."

I was left blinked at him, perplexed at his teasing, but quickly shook myself out of my own thoughts.

"Okay, then be quiet." I raised an eyebrow at him.

I face the other way of the living room, so Corpse wouldn't be visible to Marzia, before answering her call as the last rings resonated in the room.

"What took you so long?" Marzia complained, although her tone was sweet and kind, like always.

Her phone was balancing on something on top of her kitchen table. Her head was casually supported by her hand and she glanced between what I assumed to be her laptop and me.

My hair was messy and my cheeks flushed, I felt embarrassed and guilty for hiding a secret.

"I was in the balcony. Sorry." I lied " What's up Marz."

Marzia didn't comment on my flustered state. She talked about the new line from Mai accents she was working on, asking my opinion over things. Corpse was doing a good job at making himself not noticeable to my cousin and I was being successful at concealing his presence.

At some point, rustling could be heard, announcing that Felix and the pugs had arrived from a walk, at some point he greeted me, noticing Marzia was talking to me and pointed how I looked like shit, making me laugh.

I could see Corpse smile from my peripheral vision. I nudge him with my foot, as a warning for him to quiet. He grabbed my leg firmly, in response. Doing my best to ignore him and I kept my attentions on the call, talking to him about what was up in both our lives. The conversation died down, leaving space for Felix to stupidly comment: "How is your new boyfriend, by the way?"

"Boyfriend?" my eyebrows furrowed in confusion, Corpse was observing me.

"Yeah, Corpse." he clarified.

I felt my throat close and Corpse squeezed my leg suddenly and I jumped back in a knee jerk reaction.

"Jesus Mia, it's just a joke." Felix's shoulders shook in laughter and Marzia joined in. "Haven't you open twitter lately?"

"Not really." I shook my head, jokingly slapping Corpse's shoulder outside of the camera angle. " I thought you had left twitter."

"Yes, I don't use it, but still, I keep myself informed." Felix explained "People went crazy after the stream, with you and Corpse. What's up with that?"

"Why should I know?" I was trying my best not to sound suspicious, however I was self aware of my over protective reaction.

"I mean, are you friends?" Felix asked "You seem to get along really well."

The temptation of blurting out the truth lumped in my throat. I never kept secrets from both Marzia and Felix and lately there was a handful of them standing between us. The reason for my now barely noticeable bruised eye, for my move and now Corpse that was standing on the opposite side of the couch. I felt guilty.

"We are friends." I nodded, glancing over até Corpse, who always smirking at me.

"So , you're still in contact." Felix pressed, holding in a laugh.

"You already know we are. " I was getting annoyed and it transpired in my voice.

Felix picked up on my uncomfortable shift and dropped the inquiry, although i was certain this would be the last of it.

After the conversation died down, we said our goodbyes and hung up.

Looking over at Corpse, the room felt smaller. I was ashamed by the conversation.

"I'll have to tell them." I stated . "I mean, that we are... hanging out."

He observed me for a few seconds. I was expecting him to disagree, but the brown of his eyes showed me only kindness.

" I mean, sure." Corpse nodded reaching for my hand, placing a kiss on it. " But I have a condition... you'll have to be honest about what happened to you."

I looked down but his hand picked my face up gently, caressing the side of my cheek.

"It's okay, I'll be here for you." Corpse reassured me leaving a small peck on my lips.

AN: Hello guys, how are you all doing?
Im still feeling like shit, but I'm starting to get better, I'll try to upload whenever I can !!