2

Next thing I knew, I was in Marzia's office space with both discord and the game Among Us ready to operate.

I was used to networking in events, parties, photoshoots. Social anxiety wasn't something I was familiar with, but I still felt anxious.

As I joined the discord call, I stayed silent as mixed conversations went through my headphones. I was waiting for Felix to introduce me, but for some reason, he didn't, and I couldn't get myself to speak up. There were some voices and names I recognized, but she only knew Felix, Sean and Dave personally.

As I entered the game lobby, Sean was the first to acknowledge my presence.

"MiaBisoo? As in your Mia, Felix?" he asked, his voice expressing shock from my presence.

His green character green little character ran around my white one, as I chose come silly hat for my character, earning a chuckle from me. I ended up picking the toilet paper one.

"Hi everyone." I finally spoke, cringing at my voice almost immediately.

"Miaaaa" Felix finally screeched from his end.

Greetings and welcoming comments started to come from everyone.

"Mia are you in Brighton?" Sean asked.

"Yeah, I got here yesterday." I replied.

"Wait, who's Mia?" a female asked. I could see it was Valkyrae, from her discord icon.

"So..." Felix trailed off "Mia's my cousin..."

"Marzia's cousin." Dave butted in.

"Yeah Marzia's cousin." he corrected, raising his voice a bit "Since we were missing some people, I got her to play with us."

"What dirt does he have on you, Mia?" Sean questioned, earning a chuckle from me.

Before I could make a quick remark, a deep "Hello." immerged through my headphones.

"Cooorpse." Valkyrae and Pokimane chanted almost in unison.

I felt my jaw drop. It wasn't just a deep common voice, there was and alluring aspect to it, causing a tingling sensation on the back of my neck.

"Corpse my man." Felix greeted along with the rest of the group.

"Corpse have you met Mia?" a guy named toast asked. " Felix has a cousin."

"H-hi." I managed to say, my voice almost inaudible

I could hear Felix laugh, both from his office room and from the chat. The rest of the group joined in.

"Mia, Corpse. Corpse, Mia." Dave introduced. I could sense the enjoyment. As if he was expecting some reaction either from me or this Corpse named guy.

Everyone was quiet waiting for me to reply.

"Your name is Corpse?" I simply asked after not finding anything in concrete to comment on.

"It can be, if you keep saying it like that." his reply vibrated on my headphones.

Was he flirting? I thought to myself. Maybe I was still taken by surprise from his voice to actually process the fact that he was being playful, at least.

"Hey" Felix called out "That's my cousin you're talking to."

"Technically, she's Marzia's." Dave clarified, once again, getting a laugh from the others.

"So that's the accent.. Italian right?" noted Corpse.

"Yeah, she's spaghetti gang." Felix bantered.