5

The livestream's sole purpose was now becoming clear. Although Felix would never admit it, this was his attempt to stir the media's attention on me to a new light. Likewise, my stubbornness wouldn't allow me to confess that I'd accepted that help that I needed, fully aware of its main intentions. 

After that night my agent phoned me. Her once calm and collected voice was filled with a mixture of panic, rage and disappointment, mostly. Saint Laurent had threated to drop me as the next ambassador and postponed the announcement. Some modeling gigs, thought to be secure, were dropped that week. I couldn't even remember that night. 

Next week I'd be back working, being surrounded by cameras and odd imperfect people, expecting me to be perfect. It had been this way since I was 16 and pursued my modelling career. No one remember I was 23 and prone to life mistakes and imperfection. 

Other than Sean, who we ran through the plan the evening before over dinner, no one knew about our plan. From what I could gather, the game would be played using the proximity chat, which meant that the players would be surprised throughout the first round as they crossed paths with me.

I got progressively anxious during the afternoon. I've never streamed, in this context, and I was starting to question if the people involved would even find it funny.

When the moment came, Felix started his stream like any other, only revealing to his audience that today there would be a very special guest. Joining the rest of the gamers in the lobby, he made small talk, ignoring the fact that I was waiting my turn just outside the camera view.

The group consisted of Felix, Sean, Valkyrae, Poki, toast, Sean, Corpse and Sykkuno. Other than the latter, they were familiar voices from the game before, which eased my anxious thoughts. 

Blue letters announcing that we'd be starting as a crewmate when the game started. Felix motioned for me to quickly switch places with him, gesturing for his audience to be quite before getting up from the chair and letting me get comfortable on his chair.

Although our exchange took only a few seconds, it was enough for everyone to flee the the cafeteria area, their voices dissipating as they distanced themselves further. 

I waved at the camera, greeting Pewdiepie's viewers silently, before starting to move the little astronaut through the spaceship.

I should do something, is this even entertaining? I thought to myself, while finishing connecting the colored wires. I had passed some other players, but didn't interact with them. I was sure if I didn't wish to disclose my identity yet, or if I was too anxious to do so. 

"Felix." a familiar and unmistakable voice emerged in the silence and a black character with wolf ears approached and danced around mine. "Waddup baby?"

I felt my heart skip a beat as small burn tingles warmed my cheeks. I hoped my flustered state wasn't noticeable to Felix, who had sat across me outside the camera angle, covered his mouth, muffling a chuckle, nor the camera. 

His reaction triggered mine and, without warning, a giggle escaped my lips.

"Wait." Corpse chuckled himself with some hesitation. " That's a very... a feminine laugh."

"Oh, I've been trying to hide my real voice, since, you know... next to you it sounds a bit high pitched. " I jokingly explained.

"No man, you shouldn't." Corpse's tone was more loosen and I could hear the smile on his face "It's a really great voice, you should embrace it."

"You really think so?" my voice got thinner, unintentionally. 

"Yeah, bro." Corpse assured, trying his best to maintain his composure from his end.