Chapter 1

Luke's P.O.V

...

"No, mom, I'm not going. I don't care what you say," I grumbled.

She sent a death glare my way.

I sent one right back.

"You're going, Lucas, I'm your mother and you do as I say. And what I say goes. This will be good for you," she spoke.

"How will this be good for me?" I asked with my voice raised and wide eyes.

"Don't yell at me, Lucas!"

"I didn't yell and don't call me Lucas!"

I stomped up the stairs.

"You're going!"

"No, I'm not!"

I slammed my door shut.

...

I threw my suitcase into the trunk and slammed the lid shut. I yanked the passenger side door open and slowly got in grumpily.

"I swear to god, I'm gonna kill myself there so I don't have to come back," I grumbled under my breath. Suddenly, I got smacked upside my head.

My hand flew to the back of my head.

"Ow, mother!"

"Oh, shut up."

"Why don't Jack and Ben have to go?" I asked as I folded my arms across my chest and slid down in my seat.

"Sit up or you'll die if we crash,"

"I hope I do," I mumbled and looked out the window, only to earn another slap upon the back of my head.

"Quit wishing you were dead and deal with it, Lucas," she fired.

"Luke," I corrected.

"I named you Lucas, you'll get called Lucas."

"Why do you have to be so grumpy all the time? Oh, I see. You're trying to get rid of me. Okay, I get it." I started to open the door before she screamed.

"WE'RE ON A HIGHWAY, LUCAS. ARE YOU FUCKING CRAZY?!"

"LANGUAGE, MOTHER!" I shouted.

"Ow!" I rubbed the back of my head.

...

My mom kissed my cheek.

"Have a good time, sweetie. I'll come and get you at the end of July. Love yo-"

"I'm staying the whole summer?" I asked with wide eyes.

"Yes, now go. Love you! Be good for Mr. Hood!"

"Nice rhyming you got, mom. Love you, bye."

I got out of the seat and slammed the door shut. I walked to the trunk as she popped the hood and I grabbed my suitcase and pulled the black luggage out. I slammed the hood shut.

I ran my hands through my hair to make sure my quiff looked good and walked away to where everyone was standing as she drove off.

I guess this is where I'm supposed to be at.

"Okay!"

I winced as I heard a loud whistle.

"My name is Mr. Hood and I run this place! Welcome to Camp Hood for Boys!  The staff is Mr. Irwin, Mrs. Clifford, me, Mr. Styles, Mr. Malik and Mrs. Horan! You get to choose which cabin you sleep in! I expect no problems from you boys! I'll be in my office most of the time which is over there!" He pointed behind him without looking back. "We don't care what you do, as long as you follow this one rule! Have fun!"

All the boys cheered except for me. I was so confused.

"Wait, so, we can do whatever the hell we want for two months?" I asked myself under my breath.

"Hell yeah!" said an Asian looking dude who looked my age. He swung his arm across my shoulders.

"You must be a new kid. My name is Calum. My dad owns this place. See, Hood's Camp for Boys is way different from other camps. That's why so many people come here. And that's why it's only boys. So nobody goes around making babies. All you gotta do is relax and enjoy the summer days and nights. Walk for miles in the woods, but make sure you know your way back because if you get lost, tough luck, buddy." He slapped my chest. "Come hang with my friends and I at lunch, will ya? You seem pretty cool." Then he was gone.

"Okay..." I whispered.

I walked up to one of the cabins and stepped in.

Cabin Z.

I found a bunk all the way in the back and threw my suitcase down onto the mattress.

"Hi!"

I jumped and spun around.

My eyes landed upon a blonde, curly haired boy with brown-green eyes.

I rested my palm against my chest and closed my eyes, trying to catch my breath.

"My name's Ashton! What's yours?"

"Luke. Hi," I said and opened my eyes and almost gasped at the sight.

Ashton is beautiful.

Glasses rested upon his cheeks and nose, green-brown eyes shined bright and his blonde curls were bouncing with each step he took towards me. A smile lay on his lips.

He held his hand out and I took it hesitantly, shook it, and pulled my hand back to my side.

"I like the name Luke. It's nice," he giggled.

Oh my god, his giggle. My palm tingled from the loss of his.

The way my name rolled off his tongue and across his lips made my stomach fill with butterflies.

"Thank you."

He smiled.

"Wanna be friends?"

"Sure."