Chapter 10

Luke's P.O.V

...

"I-I truly don't think this is a good idea, Calum," I spoke from the back seat. "I mean, if he wanted to see or talk to me, then he would have called and asked to meet."

"I don't care. He's my friend too and he won't even call me. Nor Michael," he sighed and gripped the steering wheel. "I'm worried."

My eyes widened out of fear.

"Do you think something's wrong?"

"What if something's wrong?"

I started hyperventilating.

"Hey, hey. Calm down," Mikey spoke gently.

Tears gushed down my cheeks.

"But what if he's hurt? What if he's not okay?" I sobbed.

Michael took off his seatbelt and climbed into the backseat with me and pulled my head to his chest in attempt to calm me down.

All he had to do was sing and I was asleep.

...

"We're here," Calum breathed and stepped out of the car. All I did was stare at the modern house from the backseat window.

It was painted white with shutters around the two windows in the front. A red door and a porch with gray paint covering the wood. Two bench swings swayed slightly as the wind blew gently

Michael opened the door.

"Take me back," I whispered and turned around, facing away from the house on my right.

"No, Lucas, we're going," Calum said sternly and grabbed my arm, pulling me out of the seat.

I bit my lip to keep from crying and we all walked up the porch. Calum knocked on the door twice.

A lady, skinny with blonde hair who resembled Ashton very much, answered.

"Hello, boys, what can I do for you?" she smiled sweetly.

"We're friends of Ashton. We were wondering-" She cut Michael off.

"Oh, Michael, I didn't recognize you. You have a different hair color every week, hun. Soon you're gonna go bald."

Calum snorted, "He's already halfway there."

Michael hit Calum's arm.

"Shut up, dude."

"Yea, hi, where's Ashton?"

Her face dropped and I had to squeeze my eyes shut and bite my tongue to refrain from sobbing.

"He's um-"

"Please, Mrs. Irwin. Luke, his boyfriend, is literally torn apart without the boy. He won't answer his calls or messages and we're honestly worried."

She bit her lip and her eyes shot to me.

"And you are?" she asked nicely.

"Luke."

...

We were all sat at the dining table with mugs of either coffee or hot chocolate in our hands. I chose nothing.

"I can see it's killing you," she spoke softly. "You're really just bones and skin, son."

"But he chose well, I see."

I couldn't even smile at that.

"Thank you," I whispered.

"Now can you tell us where Ashton is?"

Calum glared at Michael from across the table.

She sighed.

"He's in America."