Chapter 7

(A/N Unexpected turn, guys)

Luke's P.O.V

...

I sat on my bed crying.

"It's been two months, Calum! Two months and he won't answer any of my calls!" I cried into the receiver.

He sighed.

"I'm sorry, buddy. I don't know. He won't talk to me or Mikey either. I don't know what's wrong."

I paused and sniffled.

"Do you know where he lives?" I whimpered through the phone.

"Luke, I'm sure he's fine."

"But you just said you don't know what's wrong!" I cried.

"I know, I know. I'm sorry. Look, call Michael and ask for Ashton's address." He hung up.

I sobbed and with shakey fingers and hands, I dialed Michael's phone.

...

It's been two months since camp ended and school started. Two months since I last saw Ashton. Two months since I last spoke to him.

Maybe he was relieved that I was gone. Maybe he realized how ugly and horrible I was and decided to just keep leading me on until he was finally free of me.

I closed my eyes as I pulled up to a red light.

Michael had given me Ashton's address and I was grateful.

But I'm starting to regret trying to find him.

I never thought of why he wouldn't have called or texted. At least send me some sort of sign that he's okay.

"Maybe I should just turn around and go back home," I whispered.

And so I did.

...

"This is killing you, Luke," my mom said as she sat across from me on my bed, rubbing her thumb over my hand.

I sniffed and looked away.

"I'm fine. I'll get over him, I promise."

Just like he got over me.

"Luke, you haven't talked to him in weeks," my mother cried.

"Two months, to be exact. Almost three," I whispered the last part and my bottom lip started to tremble. I bit my lip to keep from my mom noticing, but my tears betrayed me.

I stood up adruptly.

"I just don't understand!" I cried. I tugged at my hair.

"Why hasn't he called? What did I do? I know I'm repulsive, but dammit! He said he loved me. We made love. Three times!" I cried. I started hitting the wall, punching it. I didn't care about the pain it brought upon my knuckles, no. The pain was relieving.

I felt arms wrap around my torso and pull me back.

Ben.

I kicked and screamed, cursing Ashton mentally and verbally.

"He's ruined me!" I screamed and suddenly, I felt tired.

Ben sat down on my bed and pulled me to his chest.

"He's ruined me..." I whimpered and soon fell asleep.

(A/N Wow, the drama)