Chapter 13

Luke's P.O.V

...

I blinked. 

"You came back for me?" I whispered and stared up at Ashton.

"I came back for you."

My nose burned from the oncoming tears gushing down my face. I backed up a few steps. I covered my face with both my hands and sobbed. 

Why was I crying? Wasn't I supposed to be happy that he came back all the way from America just for me? I had so many questions that needed to be answered before I could officially rejoice with the news that he came back for me.

I was surprised, yes. I was dying on the inside, yes. Not from joy though.

"Why didn't you answer my calls? I tried so hard. I tried so hard to get your attention back because I couldn't live without you. I was suffocating in my own space without you. I was always cold and alone and for some time my whole family just cut me out of their lives because I didn't want to be around them without you. You killed me, Ashton. Why didn't you give me a warning? Why didn't you come to me and say, "Luke, I'm going to America?" Why? I could have given you some sort of reasoning as to why not to go and move fucking miles away! If you loved me you would have stayed!"

"And if you love me you would understand!" Ashton yelled.

"I can't understand because you never told me your parents were getting divorced! You never told me your problems!"

"I couldn't because I felt like I would drag you in with me!" 

"Oh, well that makes perfect sense!" I breathed hard and deep. We were both out of breath, glaring into each others eyes.

He closed his eyes softly and inhaled deeply. Then, he opened them.

"Maybe I should go back."

Silence.

"What?" I whispered.

"If you will just understand," he strained, "maybe I will stay. I love you, Lucas Robert Hemmings. But, god dammit, if this is how it's gonna be, then I don't want to stay." 

"Just give me an actual reason as to why you left." He clenched his fists.

"I told you, Luke. Why don't you believe me?"

"Because it's fucking sick and dumb to move away from the person you wanted to marry and leave them when you know they have horrible problems in their mind just because you needed to get away from them. To get away from your problems. Did you ever stop and think that that person could have helped you through this?" I shook.

He blinked.

"Or am I the problem?" I whispered.

"Because if I'm the problem, then I'm not the reason you're back."

"You're not the problem, Luke."

"Please," he pleaded, "let me show you I'm back for you."

I stared at him as a silence fell over us.

I whispered, "Okay."

...

xxSmut with a little twist c;xx

Ashton's P.O.V. (A/N Ikr)

...

I walked over to him and tangled my fingers into his hair, pulling his face up to mine. A small gasp left his beautiful, plump lips and was soon cut off by mine meeting his, forming a soft kiss.