Chapter 2: Alexandru Cruscellio

Hey, Cupcake. ;)

Don't forget to add this book to your library so you get all the updates!

Please vote and leave lots of feedback if you love me!!! Best comments will make it to my Instagram!!! XOXO

  I looked up at a faraway canopy of green leaves with a fuzziness of how I'd gotten there, laying beneath a massive tree. My hands gripped damp sand, dirt, and pebbles and I gingerly lifted myself into a seated position. Everything seemed to throb with the movement, especially the side of my head, which I suddenly remembered hitting very hard.

Anxiety slammed into me. I remembered being in the memory of Death's training room, before I'd fallen again...fallen into that ice cold water that dragged me deep into its depths. I lifted my fingertips to the sensitive spot on my skull, the harsh outline of a welt raised there.

Turning over my shoulder, I realized what I had been resting my head on had been a neatly folded up off-white garment on top of a protruding root from the tree. A steady throb in my ankle drew my attention to my ankle. It was propped up on another one of the tree's roots and swollen like a football. The ankle of my skin-tight pants must have been cut open with a sharp weapon of some sort, because there was a bandage of material around my now bare foot, which matched the material of another garment of fabric thrown in a haphazardly manner by my feet.

Someone had aided my injury.

I pictured the man running along the bank toward me. Suddenly I had the vague recollection of large hands gripping my body from beneath the water and yanking me free from a wreath of debris. He must have also carried me to the shore, as there were no dragged marks in the sand.

Reaching for the garment at my feet, I spread it out in my hands. The thing was way too large to be a woman's shirt and had a long length to it. A tunic, made of wool.

"Saved by a fashion icon," I said sarcastically.

A gust of humid air carried a windstorm of pollen off the trees, and I shielded my face as the yellow storm blew all over me. I gave a little yelp and used the outdated garment to shield my face, but not before a bunch of it go into my eyes and up my nostrils, which threw me into a sneezing fit.

"Seriously?" I growled once I stopped sneezing, wiping at my eyes with the tunic to get all the crud out. "What is this, Pollen Land?"

That's when I noticed the field of wild flowers to my left. It seemed to go on forever, and I brought the tunic away from my face at the unexpected, beautiful sight. "Wow. Guess I spoke too soon––"

"NNNRRRFFFF!"

I screamed, my eyes nearly popping out of my skull as a big black snout of an animal popped out from behind the tree behind me and nudged right into my face. My body locked up in fear as the massive black creature rounded the tree.

No, not a beast. A horse. And not just any normal horse. An enormous black stallion. It's head bent down to pluck at a long patch of grass beside me with its teeth. It chewed and tilted its narrow head to the side, ears flicking a little as it watched me with a calm, curious, intelligent black eye.

Although the stallion didn't have a hellish red iris, flames shooting out its nostrils, or a magical Labrador retriever shrunk down size, I recognize the stallions unique features instantly.

"Cruentas," I whispered, a smile curving my mouth.

The stallion shook its head and gave a great whiney. "I guess this is before you became a demon-horse, huh?" I reached up to stroke his coat from the ground, as he was still leaning his head toward me, and he rubbed into my hand for a longer pet, making me laugh