Chapter 18: Lust

First of all, HAPPY 15TH BIRTHDAY TO WATTPAD!!!

Second of all, CHRISTMAS IS COMING, PEOPLE. And I want to know what everyone wants for Christmas! (If you celebrate other holidays and receive/recieved gifts or are just wishing for something special, let me know that too! I want to knowwww.)

NOW DON'T FORGET TO LEAVE LOTS OF FEEDBACK AND SPREAD THIS STORY EVERYWHERE

P.s- this song + Fade = yes yes yes.... MY THOUGHTS YOU CAN'T DECODE!!!!!

<3 <3 <3 

I didn't dream.

I didn't cross the bridge.

Every other night I'd slept in the Unknown had been consistent to uncovering something deeper in Death's conscious, just like the Three Crawlers had told me. I had even started to encounter glimpses of Death's corpse. As terrifying as those interactions were, they seemed to somehow get me closer to finding him.

Something had changed. I feared it had, anyway. I'd counted on the bridge drawn in my dreams to get me to Death faster, now I didn't know if it would happen again.

Whatever had happened––if anything had even happened, it left me with an uneasy feeling that this realm wasn't as predictable as I thought it was. Maybe Charon or the Forsaken were affecting Death's stream of memory. Maybe I'd done something to disturb Death's conscious, and any wrong decision I made from now on would further disrupt this memory.

Now that was a scary thought. I'd been so careful after Death's first memory turned to ash against my fingertips. Seeing him vanish like that had felt like my heart was ripped out all over again, and I'd come too far now to ruin everything. I couldn't imagine I'd done anything the night before to disturb the memory. I'd worn the Tarhelm, I'd sprayed the scent hiding potion on myself...

Maybe I was just overthinking it. Maybe it was just a coincidence

When I woke up, Brook, my helper with the scar on her face, arrived promptly at my room and drew me another warm, scented bath. The dress laid out for me when I came out of the bathroom was a gorgeous emerald green with a lavishly layered skirt. Another slimming corset that pushed my breasts up to my face and made me painfully aware of every breath I took.

I felt sick to my stomach all the way down to the banquet room. Leo had arrived to escort me to breakfast.

I seemed to draw attention from every single person as I entered the room, and suddenly I realized that the people on the rumor from Death's court. The creatures demonic looking people the head been in the throne room when I first saw Prince of Darkness. I felt so out of place and awkward. If weren't for Leo's gently squeeze on my arm, I probably wouldn't have had the courage to walk over to the table toward a seat.

A head turned around as I approach the table, and I brightened up a bit at the sight of Romeo grinning at me from ear to ear. He was all cleaned up and sober in the eyes. He wasn't dressed as extravagant as the other males at the table, the color scheme of his clothes more neutral with white and browns.

Romeo stood up and pulled out my chair for me. "Well, well, if it isn't my humorous savior," he said, as sitting down in the chair beside me once I was settled. "My morning has instantly brightened up. You look delightful in green."

"Thank you," I said, my cheeks feeling a little bit warm from his complement. "I heard you have a room now in a castle?"

"Fanciest one I've ever been. And I owe it all to you." Romeo looked around us at the table, is it to make sure nobody was listening. And nobody was, the court members were all talking amongst each other. "I have to say, though, I sort of miss my unstable chaps down in the dungeons. The more rational creatures up here are a bunch of boring, arrogant snobs."