Chapter 28: Back to the Mausoleum

HAPPY HALLOW-WEENIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (I'm allowed to be a day late I TRIED!)

What did everyone dress up as?????

My boyfriend and I dressed up as DEATH AND FAITH! You'll find our photos at the end of the chapter!!!

PRE-READING IMPORTANTE NOTE:

Hi guys!!!! Just letting you know I made the executive decision to remove Caito from this book.

It was way too complicated in my brain trying to figure out what to do with him. There is enough conflict already and it kind of takes away from the story to have another death-like character/enemy when right now Victorian Death is very villain-esque enough.

So basically, the Forsaken still exist and they're still lost souls that seem to be turning into creatures in this Limbo-world of the Unknown. But there's no "king of the Forsaken" anymore. There may be some more relevancy to other characters with the Forsaken though....

Hehe

Kat

<3 <3 <3

Don't forget to VOTE and leave lots of feedback if you love this book!!! Also, please share this book everywhere you can, it helps me and my writing so much!!! xoxoxoxo

"Then I was in Death's library, but it was in the in-between, not the library in this memory," I said, rehashing the story to Ace all over again with large gestures. "It was infested by Forsaken. They were crawling out from the ceiling and horrifying. One of them had this crazy scar across its neck. I'm sure these things try to eat each other or something disturbing like that..."

Across the table from me, Ace blew on his large helping of mystery soup. I say mystery because according to the servant who spooned it out for us, it was made with the fresh catch of the day. Call it a hunch, but I had a strong feeling the fresh catch of the day wasn't any kind of creature I was familiar with.

"They were like giant spiders," I continued. "Picture a hundred Slender Man, except they're made of that mirror-like skin. How the hell are there so many of them? Are you listening to me?"

Ace paused just before he shoved another spoonful of mystery soup into his mouth. "Like I explained three times in the past thirty minutes, there are unfortunately many lost souls."

"But why that library? Why does it keep going back to that library?"
Ace shrugged, dipping into his soup again. "I don't know, chère. Which is why I suggested we should go to the library after supper and investigate––"

"What if they lay eggs or something? They must be big egg sacs, because the one Forsaken was like twice my size­­––"

Ace's spoon clattered against his bowl. He pushed his soup away from him and intertwined his fingers, leaning his head on his knuckles to glare at me.

"Sorry," I said. "I just want to find him."

"I know you do, and so do I. But you have been looking for him for a long time, and I'm about your health. You can afford to take a small break with me. So, stop reeling over what you saw and eat. You're skin and bones."

"Wow, thanks."

"I don't have the stomach to eat. I need to figure out what the hell is going on. You said it yourself, time is of the essence––"
"You will be no help at all if you are fainting from hunger, ma chère."

I took a few slices of cheese and a handful of fruit from the center of the table and placed it on my plate. "What I don't understand, amongst a thousand other things in this crazy ass dimension, is why the three Fates appeared like the Forsaken, too. Are they lost souls, too? Doesn't that mean they're dead? Isn't that, like, not a good thing?"