Climbing, Climbing,

"My brother could be dead!"

Kipo's mouth fell open in shock. She can't believe she forgot about that. She guiltily wondered how long Wirt's been worried about this, and how she never noticed.

Wirt was still curled up on himself, shaking and sniffling, so Kipo shuffled closer. She gently put a hand on his shoulder.

"Wirt...?"

It took a couple seconds for Wirt to answer, but when he did, his voice was hoarse, and Kipo could barely make out what he was saying. "S-Sorry."

"No, don't be," Kipo assured him. "I think you're right, to be honest. We SHOULD be looking for your brother..."

Wirt's head snapped up, and Kipo quickly added: "Not that he's definitely in danger or anything! I'm sure he's fine."

Kipo paused for a second, thinking about what she had to say. "I'm sorry for completely forgetting about your brother, Wirt, and I'm sorry for not realizing how much this was affecting you. I guess I was too caught up in the realization that there's someone else around to really think about anything else... But that changes now!"

Wirt watched as Kipo stood up, and hard, resolute look on her face. "Don't worry, Wirt, because we are going to find your brother, no matter what!"

Kipo waited, but Wirt only stared up at her, blinking. He didn't look nearly as cheered up as she would've hoped.

"Kipo... how are we supposed to do that?" he asked, quietly. He'd already given up, Kipo realized. "We can't even leave this forest, and it's freezing cold here. There's no way-."

"We can't think that, Wirt!" Kipo cried. "There's no point in us telling ourselves your brother is dead if we don't know for sure. Even if it's just a tiny chance that he's alive, it's better to try than to give up, right?"

Wirt thought about that for a second, and then sighed, wiping his tearstained eyes with his glove. "I guess," his voice was still coated in misery. Kipo sighed. That'd have to do for now.

"Here," Kipo offered, turning to the forest. "I'm almost certain that he's not in the clearing, but it's better to check. So I'll go climb this tree, and survey the plains. It's efficient!"

Wirt looked to Kipo, than at the gigantic tree that practically dwarfed them. "...Is that a good idea? Kipo, I can't climb that-."

"Don't worry, Wirt, I can," Kipo said. "Back in my burrow-"

"Your what-?"

"I liked climbing the walls with my dad, so I think I'm pretty good at it. I mean, that was with two people and safety equipment, but the Number One thing that got me to the top was confidence."

Kipo turned back to Wirt, her hands on her hips. She had successfully surveyed the wall, and now she was sure she could do it. It would, probably, be easier with her jaguar, but Kipo wasn't sure she could control it, and Wirt seemed a little unstable anyway. She didn't want to scare him anymore than he already was.

"I'll be right back," Kipo promised, taking off her gloves. It would be hard to climb with them. "Just wait there! Don't go anywhere!"

"Kipo, I-," Wirt once again stared up at the tree. It covered the sun. "Are you sure about this?"

"Yep!"

Wirt looked nervous. "Well... alright. I, uh, don't think I can stop you, anyway."

Kipo stepped up to the tree. "I'll be alright, Wirt. If I start to feel like I can do it, I'll come right down, I promise!"