Chapter 6

As soon as they were moved in I started doing my taxes to see how much more work I need to do. I sighed and wrote down a list of things that need to be done, then I wrote down a grocery list when I need to go shopping. Vincent walked into the dining room- how I knew it was vincent- was because of how his steps sounded. His steps were both light and heavy, there was a gentle sound of keys jingling against his hips.
        "So...~ this is what you do in your free time," he said in a flirty tone. "Yeah- why are you curious?" I asked. Not looking up one bit as I put the papers up. I heard yelling from upstairs. "Can you go check on that?" I asked Vincent before he could answer my first question, he mumbled a 'yes' and went upstairs to check on the kids. I folded the list and slid it into my pocket.
        I pulled out my phone and dialed the bank. I needed to see how much money I have in my account. I rubbed my temple as I waited for someone to pick up the call. After what seems to be the 6 rings, I hung up giving up. I sighed in annoyance. "Mr. L/N...?" I heard an innocent voice. I looked at the young boy who was standing at the door. I quickly gathered myself and smiled gently, "Yes Chris?" I asked. "Are you alright...?" I nodded, "yeah I am- just having some issues as of now," I stated.
        Chris walked to me hugging his stuffed gold bear. His big crystal blue eyes held so much innocence- but a hint of worry and fear. "Can... can I go with you to the store...?" he asked me. "Buddy I'm not going to the store today I'm going out to get me another job... I need to work 2 jobs in order to support you, your siblings, your uncle, and I..." I stated tiredly.
        "O-oh..." he said looking down. "But- I will take you and your siblings when I do go to the store," I finished he looked up at me with a smile. "O-ok!" he skipped out of the dining room, but as soon as he left Elizabeth walked ran in, crying. She ran to me immediately clinging to my legs as Vincent ran in. Blood on his hands.
        "Where- oh hey.... M/N...." he slowly said hiding his hands behind his back. I stared at him in shock. "Get out..." I said. "W-what?" Vincent asked, hoping he didn't hear me say what I said. "I said get out... clean out your fucking ears!!" I screamed holding Elizabeth close to me. "I will take care of them on my fucking own!! Even if it kills me!!" I continued screaming.