The Battle

Preparing for battle was something and as Britt finished Atem took her to the armory where their armor for battle was. The servants saw them bringing over the one with a special water drop on the armor. Atem took it and then he started to fit it on Britt.

"What if it's too big?" Britt asked

"It shouldn't be. The worse would be if you were with child again and we don't have time to adjust the armor." Atem said

"I can assure you I am not." Britt said

Atem made sure it was secure on Britt wanting to make sure her torso was going to be safe. He knew that the Ka would assist in the war and people would die. He questioned if this was going to go in their favor or was this going to be the day one of them died. Britt put a hand on his cheek and he looked at her.

"Your worries show my love." Britt said

"This could be dangerous. You should consider staying back." Atem said

"We've already talked about this, we do this together. They wanted me to begin with." Britt said

"Then ride with me, leave Heb here." Atem said

Britt knew in the amount of time Heb would only be needed if there was no other options. So she sighed and nod agreeing as she noticed the armor had some weight. Atem removed both their crowns as he put his forehead to hers for a minute and she knew.

"Don't over work yourself." Atem said

"I will try not to." Britt said

A servant brought over a sword with the Nile drop on the sheath and bowed. Britt took it seeing it was decent and she removed it from it's sheath. Her amulet glowed and she was shown another sword by her amulet but this one would do for now until she could find the one her amulet showed.

"Pharaoh you need to get ready for battle." A servant said

"Yes." Atem said

Britt watched as Atem got himself ready as if he had been to battle before but then she thought about it. They had been together since he had become pharaoh and even a little before that. She knew there was no way he had been to battle but he had prepared.

Nina and Heather came in and they got Britt some leg guards for her legs and to make sure that there would be no problem. Then they got themselves ready to fight beside her as they were going. Mira and Zoey along with Oseye were going to stay behind to tend to the children.

We have to survive to raise our children. Britt thought

Atem ordered servants to be ready for battle when it would come to time to set camp to be ready. Rei and his sisters came in and Britt kneeled by them as she kissed their foreheads. Rei hugged her and she knew he didn't want her to go.

"No go." Rei said

"I need to, so we can live peacefully." Britt said

"Why?" Keda asked

"Papa" Kamari said

Atem came over and put a hand on Rei's shoulder and looked at his daughters. "Some bad people want mommy, so we're going to teach them that she isn't going anywhere." Atem assured them and looked at Rei "Watch your sisters and keep close to your mom's friends."

Rei nod

When it came time Britt headed out with everyone and Atem got on his horse that was prepared for battle. He put his hand out to Britt as she took his hand and he pulled her up. She got on behind him as they started riding out. She hated the idea that there the children looked so scared.