Birth of the first prince

Britt had been resting for a few days since the announcement of the child coming. She'd been doing this for a week now since Atem refused to have her do anything else. His father was curious as to why his son seemed to keep his Queen in his room with their new arrival coming in a number amount of months. It was true that only Atem and Britt knew the secret that instead of her just being with child that she was two weeks along and that concerned Atem since he did not want his father knowing of his and Brits secret nights before they were married. When he wasn't doing things that needed his attention he'd walk to his room and when he walked in he'd see her laying there seeming bored. Atem walked to the bed and got in behind her as he held her close.

"are you ok?" He asked her

"just fine, but I'm bored and you know I hate feeling trapped." She said

"I am sorry but we have to keep you safe, with this child coming it means you can not use your Nile power." He said

That part didn't settle well with Britt and Atem could tell so he moved a strand of her hair out of her eyes and kissed her cheek. He couldn't stand to see her upset so he decided today they were going out of the palace just the two of them.

"come on, get up." He said

"where are we going?" She asked

"To the Nile. In our special spot and we'll bring Nanu." He told her

Britt perked up hearing they were going to the Nile and she wondered why he'd want to bring a guard with them but then realized it was probably to keep watch.

"how will we get past the priests and your father?" She asked

"simple, Your family brought your things here so we have our cloaks." He told her

"I like and my sister was here so they brought hers as well." Britt said

When they got up they grabbed their cloaks and he took her hand as he picked her up. She wasn't used to being carried but then she noticed he seemed to be having a little hard time to hold her but managed to do so. As they walked out he had Nanu go get Britt's twin to meet them at the water.

When they got there Atem and Britt sat at the edge of the Nile. He took Britts hand and gently placed it in the water which made her smile. Atem smiled and he watched as the nile water seemed to glow around their hands.

"you can't always seem to control it." Atem said

"Not when near the Nile. It takes on it's own choice sometimes." Britt said

They relaxed and it wasn't long after that Bre and Ceon showed up with Nanu. Bre sat by them and realxed with ceon. She seen that Britt was rubbing her stomach and she smiled.

"only a matter of months before I'm an aunt." Bre said

Britt nod in agreement as they relaxed and had fun. Nanu was aware Britt was farther along than anyone thought but she'd promised to keep it secret for the Pharaoh and his Queen.

Months seemed to pass and they had come to doing a usual routine. Occasionally Britt would feel a kick and she smiled. Isis had offered to tell them what the baby was but Britt didn't want to know and she wanted it to be a surprise. Atem was in agreement with her since it was better to be surprised.

Months turned into days as the day approached and soon was here. Britt was walking with Atem when she felt an excruciating pain go through her and she gasped. Atem noticed this and he helped her to where the doctors were. When they came in they asked the pharaoh to wait outside while they helped his Queen. He nod in understanding around that time Bre,Ceon and Atem's father all came to find out what was going on.

"Britt, she- she's having the baby." Atem said

"She's two weeks early." Bre said

no, she is right on time. Atem thought

Hours passed before the doctors came out and let everyone in. Britt was sitting up slightly holding the baby. Atem was first to walk in and he sat by her and leaned in close to kiss her cheek as he took a look at their child.

"It's a boy, my king." Britt said

"The Gods have gifted us with a son." Atem said as he smiled.

Bre and Ceon came in to see the boy and following them was Atem's father. He had many questions but for now he wanted to look at his grandson. He feared that it would be one of the last things he'd see for he was starting to feel ill so he did not stay long.

"aw, he's so cute. So what will you call him?" Bre asked

"hm I was thinking of names. I like the name Rei." Britt said

"Rei?" Atem said wondering why

"It's a powerful name meaning King and in Egyptian means Pharoah." Britt said

"I like it." Atem said