the first kiss

When they reached the palace Prince Atem told the guards to let Britt's friends through and they did. Britt was still asleep but Atem carefully was able to get off of his horse while adjusting her so he wouldn't drop her. Jake watched as the Prince held the sleeping Britt in his arms. It made Jake Jealous to know that a prince could be near her while he had to stay at a distant.

Atem had a servant direct Britt's friends to the guest rooms they could stay in. Britt's friends followed the servants but Jake kept looking behind at Britt still asleep in the Prince's arms. He hated it so much and wanted to stand in the way of the prince having Britt's heart.

<i>There is still time. I just have to be patient and wait for the perfect time to get in his way of having her heart.</i> Jake thought.

Atem walked down the hall to Britt and Bre's guest room. Bre saw him in the hallway with her sister and it made her happy to know that she was safe. He took her into her room then placed her down on the bed to rest. He stayed for a couple more minutes looking at her sleeping then he left the room.

Jake and the others were given rooms on the opposite side of the royal family and closer toward the servants rooms. Jake paced in his guest room wanting to go to Britt instead of being in a room that was far off from Britt's room.

A few hours passed when Britt finally woke up, she carefully sat up and looked around to  notice she was back in her guest room. A slight smile came to her lips as she remembered her friends were there but she figured Prince Atem had put her in here. Just when her thoughts went to thinking of Atem her smile disappeared knowing they were not on good terms. She was now having mixed emotions about him which confused her.

A few hours passed and soon it was dinner time. Britt was last to get to the dinning hall but she took her seat next to Atem. She didn't say anything to him but she put a piece of paper in his hand. Atem took it wondering if she wanted to insult him or if it was something else. Looking at it he read what it said.

<i>Thanks for coming to save me..even though my friends got to me first. It was very thoughtful of you. ~ Britt </i>

Atem wasn't sure what to think about the note but he knew Britt was probably grateful that she was now safe. Things were quiet as they all had dinner. The adults were talking about the upcoming ball that was to take place. Atem and Britt had little knowledge about what was going to happen at the ball.

After dinner everyone went to their bedrooms and went to sleep preparing for morning. Britt had a peaceful sleep but she was nervous so she bunked up with her twin after being kidnapped the night before. Bre didn't mind as long as her sister felt safe and could sleep.

Morning came not long after and slowly through the day and after noon princesses and Princes were showing up. The ball was in a few hours but all the guests were being redirected to where to go until it was time.

Britt had decided to take a walk by herself out in the day light to just relax. Jake was also out around that time and approached her. "Britt" He said, she stopped and looked back at him. "Hey Jake" She said to him. He walked toward her and smiled thinking someway somehow he had a chance to save her from falling for Prince Atem. "So you are attending the ball later?" He asked her and she nod. "It is one of the things that come with being a Princess." Britt said.

Jake walked with her as things seemed calm but Britt had a lot on her mind. Jake noticed this and wanted to help her clear her mind. Not far from them Prince Atem noticed them walking together. It bugged him for some reason he wasn't sure about but he didn't do anything about it.

Soon it was time for the ball, all the royal princesses and Princes attended, but Jake snuck in to see what kind of dress Britt wore. It seemed not easy at first but after a few minutes he found her talking with her sisters. He seen Britt and Bre wore similar dresses with different kinds of color.