A royal ball

Britt relaxed around her friends as she layed back and looked up at the sky. She was allowed to do whatever she wanted as long as she was escorted by Nanu. It made her smile knowing she had her own little secret that was just between her and the new pharaoh. Her friends noticed how she was smiling and they wondered what she was thinking.

"So anything interesting happen?" Nina asked

"yeah, like did you kiss anyone or admit that you're in love with someone?" Miranda asked

Hearing these things come from her friends she sat up and looked at them.

"what do you mean?" Britt asked

"Nothing, it just seems your really happy about something." Olivia said to her

"Oh. Well uh I-" Britt didn't get to finish before Jake broke in

"You were with him. Were you not?" Jake said

Miranda, Olivia, Heather and Britt looked at Jake shocked at how disrespectful he was about the new pharaoh. Nanu stayed by Britt and this was starting to bug Britt knowing she was protected by someone who seemed only going by the pharaohs orders.

"You don't have to be close. I can protect myself. Your job is to keep me safe as the pharaoh instructed but I'm sure he did not mean literally close. Also you don't need to look so serious." Britt said

It may of took a couple seconds but Britt saw a change in the girl beside her. A more childish version come out and she knew that the pharaoh may of chosen well for someone to be around her. She relaxed with her friends.

Jake tried to get close and even though nanu wanted to keep him back she watched. Britt was the one who was ignoring Jake til he got on her nerves. Not really thinking she moved her hand as in to say go away but after she did water came right at him and hit him in the face. All her friends laughed and she joined in with them. Nanu was trying hard not to laugh but she did indeed follow with them laughing but she was surprised at what she had seen.

This princess is different than most princesses. The water bends to her will and does things I've never seen before. Nanu thought

Jake looked at Britt after she did that knowing that she never used her powers on him before. He smirked though knowing this was her perfect thing he could use against her in this time he was trying to get her from the pharaoh.

"does he know of your special gift?" Jake asked

"No. Why??" Britt asked him

"Oh. You never know that a certain someone may just tell the new pharaoh his betrothee was able to control the water to her every wish." Jake said

"You wouldn't." Britt said to him

"Oh but I would." He said

After hearing how Jake was trying to get something over the princess Nanu stood by Britt and watched as she didn't trust Jake. Jake knew that Nanu would be a complicated person to deal with with her being around Princess Britt all the time.

In the throne room as soon as Atem had a chance to be alone, he got up from the throne and decided to go see what all was going on. As he walked through the halls he noticed that Britt and her friends must have been outside so he walked out of the palace seeing the group. Walking over he noticed none of them had seen he was coming. So he cleared his throat to get their attention. Britt and her friend noticed him then and each of them was respectful..even Jake who hated what he was doing. Atem looked at all of them and then he looked at Britt.

"Princess." He said

"yes Pharaoh." She said

He put his hand out to her which made her look up at him.