learning to be a princess

When Britt found out what her and Bre were going to be doing she knew all she could do to pass the time is to write her thoughts down so she did every chance she got.

~writing entry~

First day here, I hate it. Rules Rules Rules. We're ten! Why do we have to learn all this. I want to go to the Nile talk with Yami, hang out with my friends. Well there is one positive to this, I don't have to worry about Jake trying to flirt with me. We're friends, nothing more nothing less. Three years away hopefully he'll move on from this crush he has on me. More importantly I want to go home. Mama, papa come get us please.
~end of entry~

She sighed as she finished it and then went to the bed in her room. She really hated it here the leader was really telling them what to do. She had no choice but to deal with it. A few days passed of the same thing and she just started to get annoyed.

~writing entry~

I want out of here so bad. It's the same thing and yet I feel this power starting to build every time I get angry. If it gets strong enough I will break out of here to get some time with my friends. I need it and I will do what I can. They say the villagers are supposed to be protected by the pharaoh. But I can't depend on that. Miranda and the others need me. I know it and when the time is right I will break out to make sure that thief will never hurt them.

I promise I will protect them...like yami protected me.
~end entry~

Days turned to weeks same thing. Soon Britt decided to take a different path of it all. She asked to be trained in sword fighting. They didn't want to train her but they knew it could come in handy. So they told her that tomorrow was the start of her sword training. She was glad to make some progress and since they had an outside she walked out to get some fresh air. Bre was out there looking at the sky wondering what was missing. Britt smiled seeing  her twin and went to her.

"hey you ok" She asked her and Bre just looked at her. "Why are we here? Why did mama and papa not tell us we were princesses?" She asked. Britt sat down by her "I can't answer that. I wish I could." She said to her twin. Britt nod in understanding.  Day turned to night and soon they were able to go back to their chambers.

Many days passed and soon Britt was starting to get the hang of it. She had her days she would be good and then days she would be bad.

A year passed and soon they were 11, Britt was still learning to be good at sword fighting. Bre knew things were going to be interesting as she watched her sister. Then in her free time she started writing again.

~writing entry~

it's been a year now. I have scars and marks from sword fighting training. I do not care if I am a girl or not. I want to protect my friends for as long as I can. Since my training is done for the day I am not wanting to stay. So I plan to venture out to the Nile...maybe I will see Yami there..he'll be older now but then he is probably just two years older than me. I know the risks of going out but I must know that everyone is safe.
~end of writing entry~

Britt got her cloak and for once out of the year she'd been there she found a way to get out. With that she went to the Nile. Things were so calm and she didn't know what to do. So she kept watch on the Nile. Her amulet was glowing and her powers were trying to surface now. If it wasn't for her amulet her powers would probably be out of control.

Her thoughts soon were broke into when she heard a scream. Looking she seen that some of her friends were running from thieves. She couldn't take it and she ran to help them. When she got to the area her friends were still running but she got in the middle. "Get away from them!" She said to the thieves and pulled her sword out.

A fight started though her friends didn't know if the person saving them really was Britt or not. The fight went on and soon one of the thieves grabbed her hood and brought it down revealing that it was Britt. She tried her best to keep up the fight as the thieves wouldn't let up.

Soon one got the upper hand and knocked her backward. She thought it could be the end but then when she least expected it someone with a black cloak got in the way to keep her safe. "you'll not harm her." He said. It took her a second to realize that it was Yami that was defending her. She pulled on her hood and she got up so she could help out.

With the two of them fighting to defend her friends soon the thieves ran away realizing they were out skilled. He looked at her and recognized the grey cloak that she always wore. "A year and you've been gone." He said. "I had things to do...I have to go back soon." She said leaving it at that as she walked over to her friends. They hugged her knowing that things were glad.

She talked with them for awhile then they had to go home. Yami had stayed so she walked with him to the Nile and sat down. He got down behind her and was kind of close. "someone who wears a cloak to be so secretive must be from a royal family" He whispered. She blushed a little knowing she hadn't told him that she was.

They just stayed there being quiet knowing that things were going well. Soon she had to go home and he wanted to know when he'd see her again. "I don't know." She said as she left running through her way to get back. When she was done she went into her room and started to write again.

~writing entry~

I thought a year he'd forget. Guess not, I saved my friends from those bad thieves. I have to admit if it wasn't for Yami I probably would be more injured then a couple scratches. I can't tell him anything but I know he's suspicious. I think he knows I'm a princess..but I can't tell him I'm the Nile Princess. Mama, Papa I wish you were here. I'm eleven and I don't know what to do. I need help..I need my parents. I think I might like Yami but he's my friend...
~end of writing entry~

Within two years she tried not to bring a lot of attention. She just did what she was supposed to then she wanted to go to back to the ranch. But soon her and her sister were told about the ball they were to attend.

What'll happen there?  Britt thought and Bre wanted to know the same thing.