The choice that would decide their fate

Atem kissed Britt back and had her back up toward his bed. Both of them felt their feelings for each other grow as they continued. Britt had stopped before they reached his bed and as she kept kissing him, her hands went down to the top part of his tunic and worked to get it off of him. Before she could fully get it off his hands grabbed hers which made her pull away and look at him confused. "You really want this?" He asked her. She nod wondering why he stopped her from removing the top part of his tunic.. "I just think we should wait. Besides I don't want you to look at this as a mistake you made." He said then started to walk to the door so she could leave.

 Him stopping like this and turning her down only spiked her anger. "You idiot. I can't believe you'd do this. You know as well as I do that you want this." She said. He walked back over to her "You hate me. Doing this could make you with child and that would be a risk I don't think you're willing to really take. " He said to her. Britt wanted to slap him but when she thought of it she couldn't because she felt an ache in her heart. She turned her back to him "forget it. You obviously are blind enough you can't see that I love you." Britt said admitting the truth before she could stop herself. He didn't take the time to react right away as he walked over and made her turn around "You think I'm blind? Have you taken a look at your friend Jake. He wants you and I am not going to let him take the princess I love." Atem said. When he'd turned her fast, a small item her grandfather had put on her to keep her pale fell off. So when Atem finally noticed he was in shock seeing she wasn't as pale as he thought but tan like him.

 She really is beautiful. He thought.

 Britt looked at him seeing that the look in his eyes was like he was seeing her for the first time. She wondered what could of happened to make him look at her life this but her thoughts were interrupted as she felt him kiss her. She kissed him back as her arms wrapped around his neck.. He picked her up so her feet were up off the ground and walked over to his bed. Her eyes had closed so she wasn't much paying attention then she felt him lay her down on something..soft. Out of curiosity she opened her eyes as she noticed where they were now. Seeing him on top of her she blushed some.

 I've worked to get this far..but am I really ready? I want to do this with him. I mean if I back out he'll understand but I'll feel uncomfortable around him. He's going to be pharaoh tomorrow so this may be my only chance besides that our parents are expecting us to get married. Britt thought. 

The next thing she was aware was both of them sitting up. Seeing her opening Britt pushed Atem down on his back and smiled. 

 "this is different." Atem said. 

 "exactly. There's more to me than meets the eye." Britt said

 "like what? You're going to fight me for who's the dominate one in this." Atem said

 "yes. Yes I am" Britt said 

 Atem just smirked as he noticed Britt kiss him again. He kissed her back but this time she felt his tongue lick the bottom of her asking for permission into hers. She was nervous as this was something she never done but she gave him permission. Feeling how different the kiss seemed she felt like things were starting to get interesting. 

 Things took a different turn when they were getting tired of being on his bed for now and they both got up. Atem got her by the wall as he took his hand in hers while they were kissing. Their fingers intertwined while they were there. Starting to get impatient Atems other hand came around to Britt's back carefully loosening her dress. 

 It eventually went to the direction they were heading since first entering Atem's room. Nothing mattered to them more than each other as love and passion overcame them in their want of rule breaking and pushing past all their lies. 

 After so long they layed side by side and close to each other. Britt just smiled as her eyes were closed knowing they had done something no royal was supposed to do until marriage.

 "Britt, do you still want to break the betrothal?" Atem asked her as he had his arms around her.

 Britt shook her head no. "No, not anymore. What about you?" Britt asked.

 Atem smiled hearing her question. "I want you to be my Queen." Atem said to her.Sleep was trying to finally set in with both of them "I'd..like that." Britt saidIt wasn't long after that they both fell asleep.