the confusion and secrets

During the night, Britt was quiet as she starred at the ceiling. She didn't say anything as she didn't want to wake her twin. But the events were playing back in her mind at what had just happened. She was in shock that she had done such a thing. A hand came to her lips knowing she'd just shared a moment with Prince Atem. One where they were not fighting but apologizing for things they had done.

<i>I was just caught up in the moment. Surely he will not think much of what happened.</i> Britt thought.

A few rooms down where Prince Atem was he was also thinking back to what had just happened. He knew the first time he kissed her was just to keep her quiet so the guards didn't come. But now he was thinking about when she'd pulled him back into another kiss, he knew that there could be something there but refused to open hope to the concept. He knew one thing though that him and Britt were betrothed and as such if they wanted to break it then they'd need to find a way to do so. He sighed as he also knew Jake somehow had got into the ball of royals which still bugged him. Just thinking about it he felt a slight pain in his chest again but he couldn't figure out why he felt this when he thought of Princess Britt around her friend Jake.

Eventually both of them had fallen asleep sometime during the night. When morning came, Bre, Nana and Aiden attended breakfast with their parents and Atem's father. It was too quiet and then they noticed that Prince Atem and Princess Britt had not showed up for breakfast. This concerned everyone and a maid was sent to check on the two. After a few minutes the maid came back and reported that both of them were still asleep and that she assumed they were up late the night before.

When both of them finally woke up,they walked out and each were given something to eat since both of them had missed breakfast. Britt and prince Atem both ate quietly as they decided not to speak to each other since the kiss the night before. When both of them were done they left the room going separate directions. They didn't want to admit it but something was there but neither of them wanted to believe it.

Britt was outside relaxing with her friends talking as if nothing had happened the night before. Miranda, Olivia, Heather, and Nina could tell otherwise that something was different with Britt. They noticed whenever one of them brought up Prince Atem, Britt was normal whenever he was mentioned. "So are you and the Prince hooking up?" Olivia asked, Jake who was among the group wasn't happy to hear Olivia's Question. Britt just shrugged as she didn't really know. "we are betrothed but  I mean it is what my people want from me and what his father wants from him. As for hooking up, I doubt it." Britt said. Heather and Miranda didn't believe it as they looked at Britt they seen something in her eyes that said something different.

Jake walked up to the group and took a seat next to Britt. He knew of her betrothal but he was determined to stop it. Britt looked at Jake, though she had no interest in Jake at all. So when he tried to make a move on her she got up and walked over to Miranda and Nina sitting between them. "oh come on Britt." Jake said. "Nah, I do not think so." Britt told him.

While they were talking Bre approached them and she had someone with her. The boy from the night before at the ball. Scott seen that she had someone with her and it didn't make him happy. Britt looked back and seen who her sister was with. "hey who is this with you?" Britt asked her. Bre looked at her and smiled. "Sister, this is Ceon. I met him at the ball." Bre said. Britt smiled at her sister and she could see her sister had found interest in someone after all this time.

Scott did not like this at all, but what made it worse situation was Prince Atem came out to the group. He walked to them acknowledging all of them. Britt looked at him knowing they hadn't said much since the night before. Atem looked at Britt and then he spoke as he offered his hand to her. "Princess Britt, we are needed in the throne room." He said. Britt knew it probably had to do with the betrothal so she took his hand. Jake scowled seeing how close the prince could get to her without even trying to be close with her. "I will return her soon."Atem told  them as he left with Britt.

Britt sighed as they walked and she looked up at Atem "So when do we talk about what happened?" Britt said, Atem was quiet for a few minutes knowing she was talking about the kiss. "what about it? We kissed, we were caught up in a moment before we snapped to our senses." Atem said. Britt nod knowing that was probably it. Inside though she felt as if something was hurting.

When they arrived in the throne room they were greeted by the pharaoh and her parents. Britt pulled her hand out of Atems and wanted to distance herself from him. After they were there the talk of dates and planning was brought up. Britt told them she wasn't ready to decide but she knew it wasn't like she had a choice on who she was going to be stuck with for life. When the talk was done Atem and Britt both left the throne room and after the throne room doors were closed Britt ran for the stables. She just wanted away from Atem but she didn't want her friends to see her right now.

She got to the stables and went straight to her horse. She was free to come and go as she pleased so she mounted her horse and had it head for the gates where she was allowed to be let out. Atem had been following her and seen her leave the palace grounds with her horse. Somehow he felt things were not going well.

Britt didn't care where she went but tears dared to fall.. She knew her old feelings were resurfacing and it made it that much harder for her to resist the betrothal. She just didn't know what to do anymore. Having to stop she seen the area she wanted to go to was on the other side of the nile. She bit her lip slightly. "we can make it." She said as she had the horse go back a ways from the Nile then in a run. Atem had got his horse and followed her finding her horse just jumping over the nile. "Oh my Ra. What is she doing?" Atem said. Britt's eyes overlayed Nile Blue and the Nile formed a bridge where her horse wasn't able to make it so she could get across to the other side and then the horse ran in a gallop on the sand.

<i>Where is she going?</i>  He thought as he had to take a detour around to make sure she didn't do anything to hurt herself.

For the first time Atem realized Britt's power was that she could control the Nile. Britt had no destination in mind but she was just wanting to be out where freedom was an open space to go. Eventually Britt stopped her horse and she took the chance to just relax in the shade. She layed her head back and closed her eyes as she relaxed. But her peaceful moment was ruined when she heard a horse approaching. Her eyes opened and she looked to see Prince Atem had followed her. She jumped up and looked at him. "what are you doing here?" She asked him. He got off his horse and walked over to her. She backed up until her back was against the rock she had been relaxing against.

Atem walked over to her and seen a tear fall down her cheek. He carefully touched her cheek and wiped the tear away. "why are you crying?" he asked her. Britt was shocked that he was even there but she averted her eyes away. "none of your business. If I want to cry I will. Besides there is nothing between us besides this betrothal." She said. Atem nod but then he decided to not wait until dinner like his father told him to and as he moved his hand he tossed her a box "catch" He told her. Britt caught it and she looked at him curious on what was going on. She looked at the box and then carefully opened it. Her eyes widened as she seen a coiled snake ring with diamonds in it.

<i>This is so beautiful. But why is he giving me this now?</i> Britt thought.

"it is the engagement ring. I want you to wear it now until we find a way to break this thing off. I know there is always that chance we will not want to break it off but that depends on us." He said. Britt couldn't seem to move as she was speechless on how the ring looked. Atem could see she was in awe at the ring so he carefully took it out and placed it on her finger where it belonged.

<i>Now the question is, will we be able to break the betrothal or will we want to actually get married. He is right it is possible that we may want to do this after all.</i> Britt thought

What'll happen?