Chapter six-Explaining the past, forgiving and clipping claws

I pulled away from Roman's chest. I sniffled as I wiped my tears away. "I'll start from the beginning," I took deep breathe and launched into the story.

"I was given to my old master at a every young age. I was a kitten, two weeks old, which is too early to leave your mother but whatever. Master was horrible person. I abused everyday. My claws have never been trimmed, which isn't healthy. Only baths I was given was water being thrown on me. My hand and claws are messed up from something he did." I wipe some more tears away.

"If I cried too loudly, he beat me again. If I didn't bring him want he wanted in time, I was beaten. I didn't obey him, I was beaten. When he was drunk, I was beaten. When he was mad, I was beaten, my fault or not. Something went wrong, I was beaten. Everything I was beaten for. No matter what it was." I buried my face back into Roman's shirt.

"Oh god, kitten." He whispered. He held me closely as possible without hurting me.

"Oh my god, Virgil. I'm so sorry." Roman said as he held me. He pulled me into his lap, never letting go.

"C'mon, let's go clip your claws, yeah?" Roman picks me up and carries me over to his bathroom.

He sits me on the toilet lid as he opens a cabinet. He takes out a pair of finger nail clippers.

He crouches in front of me. "Give me your hand, kitty." I reach my hand to him and takes it gently.

He begins to clip my claws. He clips them to where they're sharp and long enough for me to project myself but short enough they won't anyone.

It's takes awhile to do but he finishes eventually. He kisses the back of my hand. "You did so good, kitten. I'm so proud." I blush brightly.

My stomach growls some and Roman chuckles. "C'mon, let's go feed you." Roman picks me up again, holing me on his hip.

I nuzzle his neck and purr happily. Roman smiles and laughs some. He sits me on the counter and turns to a cabinet.

"Cream?" I ask and Roman shakes his head.

"No today, kitty. I'm getting a pan out. I'm making you fish." I perk up at the fish.

"Fish? I get fish!?" Roman laughs and nods. I purr happily.

Roman laughs again and pats my head. "Good, kitty."