xviii | the downfall of us all

Lennon ran out the cafeteria doors, tears streaming from her eyes. But why was she crying?

It was her fault in the first place, she should've know ether than to mess around with members of the Cannibals.

How did Farrah even know that I was with Calvin to begin with? Did he mention it to her? Could he have possibly let it slip about my mom?

"Oh god," she whispered, raking her hands aggressively. What if they all knew?

"Lennon." Her head shot up and she swore inwardly at the sound of Harvey's voice.

"What's the matter?" He walked closer to her, concern in his eyes. "I heard Free just said some fucked up-"

"She said the truth," Lennon lied, shaking her head. He couldn't know, not now, not ever.

"Wh-what?" His eyebrows furrowed in confusion like she knew it would, and she could almost hear the sound of their hearts simultaneously shattering into pieces.

"It's not a lie," she pushed further, her eyes downcast towards the ground as if she was ashamed of herself. "Farrah told you the truth."

Harvey's lips slowly parted and a image of hurt flashed in his eyes before his jaw tightened and became stone cold.

"Huh, I should've known you were too good to be true." The tone of his voice made ice water sink into her veins. "You played me, in an attempt to split up our friendship just like the rest of the stupid bitches that go to this school."

"I-" she didn't even get a word out before Harvey rolled his eyes and roughly shoved past her to get back to the cafeteria.

"Get the fuck out of my way, you fucking slut," he spat, his voice trembling with anger as he walked down the hallway.

Lennon was still shaking, as if she was sobbing without actual tears being produced. Her shoulders shook and she roughly yanked her hair, as if the only solution was to yank every follicle out.

"Hey." Hands wrenched her fingers from the tight grip. "Why did you just do that?"

"What else was I supposed to do?!" She yelled, her brown bambi eyes wide in anger. "I couldn't tell him the truth about what happened to me!"

"Says who?" Calvin asked, narrowing his eyes at her.

She looked at him as if he was stupid before saying, "you want me to tell him my biggest darkest secret? Knowing him, he'll probably go off and try and save the day when all it'll do is end up with him hurt. I'd rather him think I went to bed with you than actually have him know the truth."

Calvin shook his head, causing her to sigh. Of course he didn't get it.

"Whatever, it doesn't matter. He thinks the worst of me already, and I'm sure he wouldn't even believe me if I confessed. So just drop it."

She turned and walked down the hallway, with every step she took she could feel herself stepping on her own heart.

---

a/n: short chapter, but believe me it'll get better.

much love,

-rachel.