xix | we've got the party with us

(one month later)

Harvey sat in front of the window in his room, smoking a cigarette. He should've been with his friends, but he was feeling up to it. In fact, he hasn't been in the mood for any fun lately. It was as if something sucked the life out of him.

He constantly snapped at his friends, he never wanted to go out anymore, and he has fucked in three weeks.

He didn't want to give credit to his new behaviors to Lennon. She was just a girl, he couldn't possibly be this affected by her.

After all, after what that whore did to try and break my friendship, why should she- He stopped his thoughts. Even after a month he couldn't stop feeling bad after what she did.

His phone loudly rang, and he sighed before crushing his cig against the windowpane and sliding it to answer. "What?"

"Let's crash a party tonight," Finn's deep accent boomed through the receiver.

"I already told you I didn't want to go out," Harvey replied, ready to hang up the phone.

Finn sighed before saying, "it's a afterparty for the basketball team. At Kelsey Jones' house."

"Basketball?" His ears perked at that word, just like Finn secretly knew it would. "Let's go."

"We'll pick you up in ten," Finn said, before hanging up the phone.

Harvey rubbed a hand over his face before moving over to his closet and yanking out a leather jacket and a pair of jeans.

He was more than ready to fuck shit up tonight.

--

The bass from the electronica music blasting from the house pounded in sync with Harvey's pulse as he sauntered up the walkway. Finn, Free, Oakley and Calvin were all behind him, and the people on the lawn already started to send them frightened glances and make a beeline back into the house.

"Why the bloody hell are they so scared?" Finn asked, a confused expression on face. "We didn't even do anything."

"Maybe because Harvey looks as if he's ready to kill someone," Oakley murmured with an eye roll. "Harv, relax."

"I'm fine," he grumbled, before twisting open the doorknob.

The air was filled with the stench of stale beer and sweaty bodies as the house was filled to overcapacity. But with the house being as packed as it was, it didn't take much for the crowd before them to part to make way for them.

"Who invited them?"

"What are they doing here?"

"Shit, the Cannibals are here!"

The whispers didn't bother Harvey, and it didn't seem to affect the rest of the group, until Calvin looked to the right and his eyes widened.

Following his gaze, he saw Lennon in almost the same attire she wore on the date-the oversized letterman jacket and and high waisted jeans-only this time she opted for a crop top that revealed her stomach open for everyone to view.

His eyes narrowed, and he gnashed his teeth together in annoyance. Of course Calvin would be looking at her, she must've been that good of a fuck for him to remember.

But actually, Calvin was pointedly staring at the bandage wrapped tightly around her hand.

"Fuck!" He swore out loud, causing the group and some people around them to glance his way.

"What happened?" Oakley asked, but Calvin was already making his way to the other side of the room.

Lennon was laughing at a joke the guy in front of her, her eyes bright with mirth as she threw her head back, and Harvey decided that was enough.

"I'm going outside for a smoke," he muttered, before turning away and walking towards the back of the house.

"What crawled up his ass?" Free asked, her eyes knitting together in confusion as she crossed her arms.

"An unrequited crush, it seems to be," Finn replied, his eyes moving between the retreating back of Harvey and Calvin with Lennon on the other side of the room.

---
a/n: after I'm done writing this story, I'm having it printing into a hard copy for a job well done on this novella of mine. I mean it's sorta shit but I hold Cannibals dear to my heart because it's the first idea that I've actually followed through with. I mean it'd have to go through a shit load of editing before I even consider going to print it, but it's a process I must oversee!

It's also the first story that I don't care if anyone else is reading, but I feel good writing. Go me!

much love,
-rachel.