xxv | believe me, i'm lying

It was seven am the next day by the time Lennon and Harvey woke up in his pickup truck, and they knew that they needed to make the two hour trip back to Long Beach to get home.

The ride consisted of them blasting classic rock music, making a stop at McDonald's for breakfast and endless shared kisses between them.

"Do you wanna go home first, or go to school?" He asked, glancing over at her.

"Home," she answered, while running a hand through her hair. "My hair is hella greasy and I would feel nasty going to school in the same clothes from yesterday."

"Is your, um, dad home?" Harvey asked hesitantly, not wanting to set her off.

She shakes her head. "He's not my dad. He's my mother's boyfriend, and no, he's usually out during the day."

"So how about I drop you off, head home, take a shower and come back to drop us at school?" He suggested, keeping his eyes on the road. They were almost to the city, and he was slightly disappointed that the trip couldn't last longer.

"Sure," she agreed, twiddling with her fingers. "That's fine."

It was silent for a while before Lennon gathered all the courage she didn't know sh had within herself to ask: "so...um, what are we really?"

Harvey knew this question was eventually going to come, but he didn't know when. "Whatever you want us to be, baby."

He reached over the console and gripped her hand before bringing it up to his lips to kiss her hand.

Lennon's racing thoughts soon flew out her head, and the only thing she could focus on was the feeling his lips left on the back of her hands.

"I-I, uh," her words couldn't properly form since that small little action made her unable to think straight.

Harvey chuckled and she decided to stop talking so she wouldn't embarrass herself even more.

"We're almost there," Harvey told her, as they drive past a "Welcome to Long Beach!" sign along the freeway.

"Back to reality," she muttered, disappointment clear in her voice.

---

"I really don't want to go back." Lennon was biting her thumbnail with nervousness as Harvey and her sat in front of the school building inside his truck.

"Hey, it'll be fine," he reassured her, turning to face her. "And it's lunchtime at the moment and then we only have three more classes after and we can leave."

She nodded her head. "Okay, I can do this."

Harvey smiled at her before grabbing both their bags and getting out the truck to open Lennon's door for her.

"Everyday you make me feel as if chivalry isn't dead," she teased, while jumping down onto the pavement.

He laughed before handing her bag over and clasping her hand. "Let's go."

If he turned around, he would've seen her bright red face. But he didn't, and they simply continued their walk into the building.

When he pushed open the doors to the cafeteria, the whole space went silent like the first time Lennon shoved her pizza on Harvey.

"Is that Harvey?" Calvin's eyes were wide from their table. "And-"

"Lennon?" Oakley finished for him, as equally confused as him. "What the hell?"

Free glared over at their direction and it only intensified when the couple started walking in their direction.

"Hey guys," he greeted as Lennon gave them all a polite smile and small wave.