vi | free fallin'

(dedicated to bastille because I really liked the story Lennon, and I sort of used her name for inspration of my character Lennon)

vii. free fallen

Free sat in the Cannibal's room, her head tilted back while she looked up at the dim ceiling lights.

The smoke from her lit cigarette curled upwards and she just stared at it.

She hated having to lie to her friends. Completely.

Her school life was completely different from her home life.

Her parents weren't divorced, they were happily married and nothing would ever change that.

The whole reason the Cannibals were made was for them to bond on the fact that they've never seen real love first hand.

Harvey's parents were divorced, Oakley's parents argue everyday, Calvin's parents don't even live or speak to each other, and both of Finn's parents left him in custody of his divorced uncle when he was young.

And Free? She lied that her parents were split up.

Her friends have never been to her house, so she never worried about them finding out the truth, until now.

Since the summertime, the group has been pressing her to let them come see her place.

Her family prides on memories, so all over their house were family and more especially... wedding photos.

So as she sat and smoked, she came up with an idea as the door busted open.

Harvey bounded into the room, a look of anger and irritation on his face, followed by Calvin and Finn who had the same look.

"I'm going to kill that motherfucker!" He seethed, his eyes ablaze.

"Whoa, whoa," Free said, dropping the cigarette and stomping it out. "What's the problem?"

"The football team is the fucking problem!" Calvin yelled, his eyes narrowed.

"I'm sick and tired of them thinking they can bully others and get away with it," Harvey said. "They practically shoved the mathletes out of the library to rehearse for their dumb pep rally!"

"Since when did you guys become a band of vigilantes?" She questioned, raising an eyebrow.

"Didn't you wish you had someone to help you in freshman year?" He asked.

He was right. When they first got into high school, Free was bullied. She always got picked on by the seniors, until one day, a senior took the teasing too far, and Harvey, the little freshman he was, kicked his ass.

Free nodded slowly. "That's not a bad idea."

"So you want to help us out on our scheme?" Finn asked, an evil glint in his eyes.

She shrugged. "Why the hell not?"

---

Two days later, the pep rally was in the gym, and almost the entire population of the school was sitting on the bleachers.

Free had a smug grin on her face as she watched the principal walk out into the center of the gym.

"Hello, and welcome to Long Beach High's first pep rally of the year!" The school cheered loudly, and she heard Harvey snort.

"Now, as we proceed with the pep rally, I would like to introduce the athletic teams of our schools, the basketball team, the soccer team, and most importantly, the undefeated football team!"

The locker room doors bursted open and the three teams flooded out, clad in their uniform. The students were cheering, and Free and Harvey nodded at each other, and gave Calvin the signal.

They dashed down the bleachers, as Calvin pulled the fire alarm, letting water rain down onto the gym.

Only what had poured on them was not water. Yesterday, Finn had rigged the system and he reset the pipes to pour out 70 litres of milk from the sprinklers.

Oakley was waiting for the four of them by the gym exit.

"You guys are so reckless," she yelled over the sound of scream and dripping milk.

"You love it," Calvin said, licking the side of her face to annoy her.

"Ew!" She squealed, pushing him away playfully. "That's fucking nasty!"

All of them laughed and walked out through the main doors.

Maybe I don't have to tell them, Free said to herself as she laughed with them. Look how well things are going.

Nothing can break our friendship, not even a little white lie.