vii | calvin de-klein

vii. calvin de-klein

Calvin decided he would come to school earlier than usual today.

Instead of smoking today, he decided he needed a quiet place to study before his Global Studies exam in two hours.

Looking at his watch, it read 6:45 AM, indicating that he could cram for at least an hour and a half.

Calvin walked up the staircase to the library on the third floor, and opened the door quietly.

Seeing that the librarian's office was dark, he thought no one was in the library.

Until he made his way towards the back of the library, and heard soft cries from the back of the bookshelves.

Curiosity struck him, and he slowly moved towards the sound and saw a girl in the corner, her head in between her knees.

He started to back up as if he didn't see anything, but a voice in his head stopped him.

Wouldn't you have wanted someone when your parents separated?

Calvin sighed quietly, and turned back around.

"Are you okay?" Her head shot up and his eyes widened.

Under her eye and on her cheek was a purple bruise that was poorly concealed in foundation.

"Wha-" He couldn't even get the words out of his throat.

She sniffled and wiped under her eye gingerly. "I'm fine, thanks for asking."

The girl started to get up, but that only resulted in her accidentally tugging her scarf down, revealing a handprint shaped mark around her neck.

"What happened?" He questioned, walking closer to her.

"Nothing," she muttered, looking behind him, as if she was searching for help.

"The librarian doesn't come until eight, so I'm here for another hour," he countered, raising an eyebrow.

She bit her lip and looked down at her shoes. "Thanks for your concern, but honestly, I'm fine."

"Um, obviously you're not," he argued. "You wouldn't be crying if you were okay."

She sighed in exasperation. "Get bent."

It was supposed to make him feel offended, but he couldn't take her serious.

Calvin busted out laughing, and he clutched his stomach.

"Why the hell are you laughing like that?" She tried to sound angry, but it was like a kitten trying to be fierce.

"Get bent? I fucking love you," he said, still laughing slightly.

She blushed and looked down.

Once he recovered, he smiled at her. "I'm Calvin," he said, outstretching a hand.

She looked at it and then placed her own hand in his. "Lennon."

Calvin grinned even wider. "Lennon? Your parents are fucking awesome."

She stiffened. "Um, yeah. Thanks."

Calvin took another glance at her face. "So do you want help covering it up? Because you did a shit job trying to."

Lennon touched her face and winced. "That'd be nice, thank you."

She handed him her makeup bag, and he started to apply the foundation.

"Not meaning to be rude, but should you know how to put foundation on properly?" She asked, swinging her legs that were dangling off the table.

Calvin chuckled and smiled. "I have a little sister, she's always telling me to put this stuff on her."

She nodded and let him apply concealer. When he was finished, he steeped back.

"Well, well. Not bad," he commented, shooting Lennon a smile.

She grinned back, and gave him a hug. "Thank you."

He put his hand on her shoulder, and he held out his pinky.

"Please pinky swear you'll tell me who did this to you one day," he pleaded.

She sighed and grabbed his pinky with her own. "I swear."

End of Part One