xiv | painted constellations

Lennon sat on the back of Harvey's motorcycle as they drove up the highway.

"Isn't this unsafe without helmets?!" She screeched, still tightly clutching onto him.

Her heart was beating double time, and she wasn't sure if it was from the danger, or the effect Harvey had on her.

"Yeah, but it's hella fun!" He yelled back against the wind violently whipping past their intertwined bodies.

Lennon couldn't help but feel as if she was in a dream. Harvey Taylor, a Cannibal for Christ's sake was taking her out. On a date.

She was still beyond confused.

With all her thinking, she hadn't realized that the bike had stopped moving, and Harvey was patiently waiting for her to become aware.

"You know, we're here." That sentence jerked her off the motorcycle so fast that Harvey barely had time to catch her before she would've face planted in the earth.

"Sorry," she murmured as he set her upright. "I'm such a klutz, oh my god."

"Don't apologize, it's actually cute," he told her, putting the kickstand up on the bike.

Cute? She repeated inwardly in disbelief. Harvey never went for girls that were just "cute."

Sighing, she forced a smile on her face and asked: "so where are we headed?"

He shrugged his shoulders and smirked. "It's a surprise."

Sure enough, he wasn't kidding. From where his bike was parked, Harvey shielded her eyes while walked about a block down.

She heard some locks being opened and cool air hit her face, before Harvey finally took his hand off her face.

Her hands immediately flew to her mouth in disbelief.

Harvey brought her to UCLA's renowned art gallery and conservatory. In the center of the floor was a picnic blanket and a basket with food.

"Oh my god, Harvey!" She squeaked in excitement. "This is unbelievable!"

Lennon jumped into his arms for a hug, and he openly accepted her embrace. "It was no hassle."

"No hassle?! This is one of the most exclusive galleries in South California, how did you even..." her voice trailed off as she noticed a painting. "No freaking way. Is that an original Monet?"

At this point, Harvey no longer knew what she was rambling about, but as long as she was happy, so was he.

"Do you wanna eat, and then take a tour?" Harvey suggested, looking at her.

"Okay, but as soon as we're done because there are so many things I wanna see!" She said with so much enthusiasm.

Sitting down on the floor, Harvey opened the basket and pulled out some sandwiches his cook made for him and a bottle of red wine.

"Wow, you went all out for the first date, Mister Taylor," she chided, unwrapping the sandwich and taking a bite out of it.

Harvey could feel the blush spreading up his neck and to his cheeks. "It was nothing."

Harvey's heart was pounding with nervousness. Did she like everything? Did she think it was over the top?

"Pour me a glass, Taylor," she teased, picking up a glass.

He popped the bottle open and poured the crimson liquid into her glass. She took a long sip before standing up and titling her head to look at the stars.