x | we're on each other's team

x. we're on each other's team

Lennon gripped the armrests of the cushioned chair she sat in, and her leg couldn't stop bobbing up and down.

Mr. Holloway was scribbling down the statement of the event that occurred during the pep rally, and she couldn't help but feel grief stricken.

It wasn't me! She wanted to shout at the top of her lungs. I didn't do it!

"So," he dropped his pen, "as if this moment, until we have more evidence of the incident, I schedule you to seven days of-" he was cut off by the door banging open.

"Holloway." Lennon swirled around to see a breathless Harvey standing in the door way.

The dean cleared his throat. "I'm busy, what is it?"

"I did it," Harvey said, walking further into the room.

"Did what?" Lennon asked, her eyebrows furrowed.

Harvey sent her a grin before looking back at the man behind the desk. "I fucked with the pep rally. It was me."

"You did it?" Holloway asked, his eyebrows raised.

"Yep," Lennon looked back at the door and smiled in relief.

Oakley, Finn and Calvin were leaning against the doorway.

"All of you?" He asked, astonishment etched on his face.

"Yes," they all excluding Lennon said in unison.

The dean sighed. "Well, that makes perfect sense now."

He scribbled out the previous statement and rewrote another one.

"So, for the four of you, suspension for three days," he declared. "Lennon, give them each a suspension notice."

She took the pink slips of paper and passed them back to them.

Harvey got one, but not before brushing fingers with her purposefully and winking.

Blushing, she yanked her hand back kept her eyes trained on her hands that were crossed in her lap.

"Now, Lennon." Her head snapped up the dean again. "Try not to get into more trouble this year. All of you, get back to class."

Lennon didn't bother correcting him on the fact that she didn't do anything, she just shot out the chair and bolted out of the room.

When she was about to make a run for it, she paused. She forgot to thank Harvey for what he did.

When she saw him walk out of the room, she catapulted herself at him.

Wrapping his arms around him in a hug, she took in a whiff of his manly scent.

"Thank you," she breathed out, her head still leaning against his chest. "For coming out and telling the truth. I would've been screwed if I got suspended."

Harvey was still shocked by the face she was showing him a sign of affection that he didn't hug her back until she started to pull away.

"You're welcome," he told her, a smile gracing his lips.

She pushed herself away from him, a faint blush settled on her cheeks. "Well, I'm sorry you guys got suspended."

"It's no problem," Finn reassured her, shaking his head.

She nodded and smiled. "Well, I gotta get to lunch."

"Sit with us," Oakley offered.

Lennon shook her head solemnly. "I can't, I'm leaving school for lunch today."

"Why?" Calvin asked, curiosity setting on his features.

"N-no reason," she said quickly, shaking her head. "See you in AP Calc, Oakley."

Lennon spun on her heel and made a beeline towards the other end of the hall.

"Hey guys," they all jumped at the sound of voice, but they relaxed when it was just Free.

"What'd I miss?" She asked, stuffing a textbook into her bag. "I had to stay behind in Trig, he didn't get my homework."

Oakley raised an eyebrow in doubt, but she quickly shoved it down. "Oh, well. We're all suspended."

Her eyes widened. "Suspended? What did you all do?"

Harvey shrugged and leaned against the lockers. "We came clean about the pep rally."

"What?" She asked, her voice filled with confusion. "Why?"

"That girl Lennon was about to get in trouble," Calvin explained. "So Harvey explained it, and then we stepped in."

"Harvey defended her?" She asked in disbelief. "Harvey Taylor, our friend?"

They all nodded, and Free raised an eyebrow. "Well, I'll be damned."

"Hey!" Harvey yelled in annoyance. "I can be chivalrous at times."

Oakley snorted. "Yeah, cause chivalry is your expertise. Remember that time where you ripped Kayla Stamley's tank top off in the cafeteria?"

He rolled his eyes. "That doesn't count, that bitch deserved it. She tried to fuck with me, Calvin and Finn."

"Calvin, Finn and I," she corrected, "but that was seriously uncalled for. All you saw was tits spilling out."

"So what now?" Oakley asked, looking at Calvin. "We're all suspended, well except for Free."

"I'm gonna be so bored," she moaned in annoyance.

Finn smirked at her. "Well, that's your fault for actually wanting to get you school work done."

Free kicked him in the shin. "Shut up, Mathias."

Narrowing his eyes at her, he shoved her into the lockers.

"Hey!" She shoved him back, causing to put her into a headlock.

She was screaming something in muffled tones, but Finn kept his grip while he laughed.

When Free elbowed him in the stomach, he finally let up.

She smoothed her green hair down. "Assfuck."

Finn hugged her from behind and gave her cheek a slobbery kiss. "You love me."

Finn and Free were like brother and sister. They were the closest out of all of them in the group, and sometimes Oakley even envied their friendship.

"Ew!" Free yelled, wiping her face with her sleeve. "What the hell!"

Finn chuckled before giving her a quick hug. "So what will we do for seven days?"

Harvey looked thoughtful before a smirk made its way into his lips. "I might have an idea."