Fourteen

Kenadee sighed as she sat in bed. She looked to Emily who was sitting on her tablet watching Peppa Pig. She knew that Emily missed Max. And she knew that she did too. But he left without a goodbye. He couldn't even talk to her or Emily who was confused. And now she knew she was going to have another baby.

Kenadee knew it wasn't going to be easy. But she knew she was going to have two kids. And she was going to do her best to give them the best life. Even if Max wasn't there. Even though she missed him more than anything.

Kenadee looked up as Neve walked in. "Mum said she'll take the girls to nursery while we go to school. We have exams coming soon anyways," Neve said.

Kenadee looked to her and smiled. "I know," she mumbled as she stood from her bed.

Neve frowned as she looked to her. She could tell that her sister was off. And she was worried. She knew that she was pregnant and alone. She knew just how scared she was. "Are you okay?" Neve asked.

Kenadee sighed and nodded. "Im just missing Max. I'll be okay," she said as Neve looked to her and smiled.

****

Kenadee got to school and sighed as she sat in the common room. She sat revising and groaned. She took a sip of her water and sighed. She was feeling nauseous. But that she wasn't really getting any morning sickness.

She looked to her phone and sighed as she saw a photo of her and Max. She put it down. She knew she had to change her wallpaper. She knew it was for the best.

Kenadee looked up to see Tom as he walked in. "I spoke to Neve. I heard what Max did. I can find him for you. I know he's my friend. And I won't tell him you're pregnant. But I can see where he is if you want me to," Tom said.

Kenadee frowned as she looked to him. "Why would you do that though?" She asked.

Tom smiled as he sat down and looked at her. "You're Neve's sister. And I can see you're struggling. And you're alone. I won't tell Max you're pregnant. But he should be here for you and Emily. He walked away. And he shouldn't get to do that. To you and Emily especially. I want to do what I can to help you," Tom said.

Kenadee smiled slightly and nodded. "I'd like that Tom. Thanks," she said as Tom looked to her and smiled.

****

Kenadee got home and smiled as she saw Emily. She was sitting with Rachel. Kenadee walked over to her and picked her up. She held her close. "Have you been good for Grandma?" Kenadee asked.

Emily nodded. Her blonde hair bouncing. "Yes. I always good," Emily said.

Kenadee smiled. Rachel looked to her. "Are you okay?" She asked.

Kenadee nodded and sighed. "I'm okay. I'm just tired. That's all," she said.

Kenadee had no idea that her hunt to find Max was only going to end up hurting her more than anything else. And how she would never see him the same again.